• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Email Blast Service

iceman101

Over the Curb
Dec 15, 2009
First Name
Jason
I am looking for a company that can blast out bulk quantity emails. Around 100K+. I would need to blast out variable Purls and variable names. I would provide the HTML & Data to do so. I basically need someone to only blast out the emails. Is there a recommendation out there?

iceman101,

I have used ConstantContact for some years now, I got this from my account manager. I hope it helps at least guide you on some pricing. Note that when you get to big numbers they want some verification.

TierContacts*Monthly
(Approx. 1 Months)
Prepay for 10% Off
(Approx. 6 Months)
Prepay for 15% Off
(Approx. 12 Months)
10 - 500$15.00$81.00$153.00
2501 - 2,500$30.00$162.00$306.00
32,501 - 5,000$50.00$270.00$510.00
45,001 - 10,000$75.00$405.00$765.00
510,001 - 25,000$150.00$810.00$1,530.00
625,001 - 50,000$250.00$1,350.00$2,550.00

* Lists under 50,000 contacts enjoy the benefit of unlimited emails.
For lists greater than 350,000 contacts, please call 1-866-876-8464 for special pricing.

Iceman101,

We offer email marketing with purls but only for customer-based lists.

You might try ESPinator - by ClickMail Marketing It takes you through an online profile of email provider features and then lets you know which of the 20 email providers matches your needs - purls may be one of the features but I'm not sure. If it doesn't mention purls specifically, then look for companies that offer dynamic content, landing page hosting, and database customization fields. They may offer purl capability even if it isn't mentioned.

Companies like Constant Contact won't have the functionality.

The challenge you are going to have is that any email service that is able to deliver good inbox placement for you is able to do that because they keep their spam complaint rate at 1-3 per 1000.

When you upload a list of 100,000 they are going to automatically throttle your email - perhaps letting the first 5000 or 10,000 go out to see what the spam complaint rate is like and if it is too high, they'll shut down your email.

If you find a bulk provider who is not concerned with the spam complaints, then chances are most of the emails they are sending are getting delivered to the bulk folder because of their email reputation so you might want to test their deliverability.

I have used ConstantContact for some years now

+1 to this. Recently launched a web store (totally unrelated to the auto-biz) and I have nothing but good to say about it.

I know your originally request was for an e-mail marketing solution that was "cheap" and stripped down, but I even if 100k+ e-mail will cost you $500/mo I can't imagine you not getting value out of this rate. If you are 100% stuck on price I can only suggest Aweber or self-hosted.

Blasting 100K emails, lol.. I'll assume you bought them from some non-legit company. You cannot buy targeted city e-mails for REAL people for under $1K/10,000. Or did you spend, $10,000 on 100K e-mails? If that's the case, no company can truly deliver that many, ie you are talking 50%+ of the cities population's e-mails. 50%+ can't have opt-ed in to something like that. Even the most reputable companies, have limits, a few of the top companies I've been speaking with are peaking at 16K-20K email per my city/surrounding area. Also even if you paid $300 for 100K and think you got some great deal, remember 100% of those e-mails are scraped or resold from older lists, and not to mention they've been spammed to death. There's no point in even buying those, you just wasted 100% of your investment from the start.

Besides the point.

If you are sending out 100K emails with a service like constant contact or mailchimp (I use mailchimp), you will be banned and have your account terminated. Reputable e-mail senders for bulk campaigns are very picky about the # of complaints for SPAM they get. If you send out 100K there's no doubt you'll get your account terminated. Even if you could get away with it the first time, you're looking at $500/MIN to send it out.

Now if you have to ask for a company that can send those out as well, chances are you going to look for anyone that will send it out. And you're going to go through less legit channels and end up with some company that will fail to deliver those messages to the inbox due to their lack of management and high volume of complaints.

In short this is just a bad idea.. There's much more to e-mail than meets the surface.