• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Email Quote Programs/Vendors

Clay Toporski

Peel'm off the Ceiling
Feb 23, 2015
First Name
Clay
(Mods please move if this is in the wrong topic)

Quick question: other than Response Logix, are there any reasonably affordable services that will find a way to integrate with a CRM to send email quotes to our customers without 1) dealing with the SPAM that our CRM emails are associated with and 2) allow me to create well designed email templates (with graphics)?

Thanks for any suggestions. Hopefully there are some...

(Mods please move if this is in the wrong topic)

Quick question: other than Response Logix, are there any reasonably affordable services that will find a way to integrate with a CRM to send email quotes to our customers without 1) dealing with the SPAM that our CRM emails are associated with and 2) allow me to create well designed email templates (with graphics)?

Thanks for any suggestions. Hopefully there are some...

I use the built-in VinSolutions inventory / quote module. What CRM are you using?

I use DealerSocket - but I pretty much don't trust CRM's to do a good job of sending out bulk emails and getting past SPAM. First, I don't know how many people they share their IP addresses where the mail originates and I would rather go with a better provider.

Ideally, it would be something like Response Logix, but I don't need all the automation, plus I can have the emails designed the way I want them. And, I don't want to spend $2k per month per store, or whatever the cost is.

I don't even know if anything like this exists, but I thought maybe someone would have a nifty email marketing program for the auto industry that would integrate with a CRM and come from a reliable source. If there was someone that even integrated walk around videos of new cars into their emails, that would be awesome. I'm not opposed to using other people's email templates, but I can do it too.

Anyway, if there is nothing, maybe it's a good business idea?

Clay, you're not looking for the email to include the actual video are you? Very few, if any email readers will render the video. Just clarifying.

Also - have you had any in depth conversations with the powers at be at Dealer Socket? Many of the top CRM's providers work with a solid email service provider such as Strongview, jangomail, etc. and could be better than you're thinking.

If you would go with a different service to send your emails, find out if your CRM provides a "dropbox" like feature where you place a designated email address in the BCC field. When the email arrives into the inbox of the designated email, it looks at the To: field, finds that matching email address in its customer data base and attaches it to.

I believe this would be good for one-off email communications only and not bulk campaigns.