• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

FindAutoUsa.com? SCAM?

subi101

T.O.
Dec 13, 2011
First Name
Subi
Honestly, I've never heard of them... so my first question is... has anyone else? We recieved a bill from them for a "New Vehicle Lead Services - Premier" package. Now, considering there is a process for new services, I am confident we have not signed up for this product.

Are we still so old school to send a bill to a company and just hope they don't ask questions? Really? I hope not! To make matters worse, 3 calls and 4 "contact forms" later.. no response. "There are no representatives to take my call".

The site itself is shady. Our company info is on there, but to inquire about any vehicle info, you have to supply 10 fields of info and your first born.

So, let's talk about it. I don't think it would be a GM move, but you never know. I'd love some feedback if anyone else knows anything about them. And if it IS a SCAM... let's be watchful as a group!

Honestly, I've never heard of them... so my first question is... has anyone else? We recieved a bill from them for a "New Vehicle Lead Services - Premier" package. Now, considering there is a process for new services, I am confident we have not signed up for this product.

Are we still so old school to send a bill to a company and just hope they don't ask questions? Really? I hope not! To make matters worse, 3 calls and 4 "contact forms" later.. no response. "There are no representatives to take my call".

The site itself is shady. Our company info is on there, but to inquire about any vehicle info, you have to supply 10 fields of info and your first born.

So, let's talk about it. I don't think it would be a GM move, but you never know. I'd love some feedback if anyone else knows anything about them. And if it IS a SCAM... let's be watchful as a group!

This kind of stuff happens all of the time. You would be surprised to see how many dealers blindly pay bills like this without question (hence the practice of phony bills). I haven't looked this one up (there is an AutoUSA service), but we always double check and approve all bills before payment.

Agreed Kevin! We never pay anything without fully researching any new bill or increase in pricing.

Update: They finally emailed me back a few hours after this post and maintain it was a billing error.... with my GM's name on the bill... and our company on their site. My conclusion: They could either be a new site with old school sales tricks or completely a scam. Not enough info yet to decide.