• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM Dealers - Is your Cobalt Site Linked to Your Places Page?

Brent Palen

8 Pounder Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
First Name
Brent
This is one for all of the GM Dealers that made the choice to keep their existing site when you were required to get a Cobalt site, thus ending up with 2 websites. Did you notice that your Google Places page now has your Cobalt site listed?

This is a big problem since we do not want people that visit our Places page to end up on a subpar site. Does anyone have any information on this?
Places Page.jpg

Cobalt sent me a blast indicating they were going to do this. I emailed our rep, and supposedly they were only going to do this to unclaimed listings. (As of post time, our eBizAutos site is still listed in our place.) Was yours claimed and verified?

Had this problem two weeks ago. My "claimed listing" was edited by GM, didn't know that was possible. :mad: Talked with a Google Places rep at DMSC conference and was told to go to Places Help and click on My Listing has incorrect information.

My listing was fixed in two days.

The Google Rep also said they are working to beef up their support staff by the end of the year. Thank the good Lord!

If you have any questions hit me up.

Check the edit history. Click on arrow by 'more', drop down to History. I just did an audit of a number of GM dealers who don't use their factory site as primary and their website listings were changed on January 25, 2012 in the overnight hours. Includes Owner Verified and optimized Places Pages.

FYI, The phone numbers were also potentially changed to call tracking numbers.

Last edited: