• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Adwords to use or not to use

I'm going to take off my nice hat for a second and ask... Why are you in a position at a dealership if you have to ask this question? Also budget, response, etc.. None of it matters, every dealer is unique.. The ad copy, the website, the lander, the keywords, the market, etc. This is such a bland question, too generic to be honest. I took a look at your website, you have some major improvements to do, I wouldn't set up any campaigns till you get your website fixed.. Now, many dealers including myself have had success with Adwords, in all departments. But that doesn't mean you should go out and spend $2,500/month on Ads since a Vendor "suggests it".

Reactions: 1 person
Like anything, there's a right way and a wrong way to do something. If you've never had experience in rolling out an Adwords campaign and you create one right now. I can almost guarantee you two things:

1. You are going to drop 1k faster than you can say "oh shizzzznit"
2. You probably aren't going to get the results you and/or your GM are looking for vs. the dollar spent

With that said, it really sounds like you just heard Adwords used by a vendor or somebody in a 20 group. Pretty much using it as a buzz word. Obviously like anything there's money to be made expanding your marketing, but I would highly suggest that you look for a vendor that understands and can 'hold you hand' during this process.

And yes, there are quick fixes on website that can be made that will improve your quality score.

Reactions: 3 people
Why are you in a position at a dealership if you have to ask this question?

I believe that an effective Internet Director should have sales, sales management and F&I experience. How do you fit my criteria? I'm asking you the same question.

This type of hateful dialog is the reason that I no longer participate on ADM.

I will put on my "nice hat" and strongly suggest this. Start with Google Adwords Express. Make sure your Google Places page is up to date, then setup budgets in Google Adwords Express. Google will make suggestions for budgets which you can follow, or input your own. The other nice thing is that this is one of the few areas where Google will give you a phone number to call them and they will help you set things up. Adwords Express is good for setting up basic SEM campaigns, and the return is pretty good for the cost.

I will put on my "nice hat" and strongly suggest this. Start with Google Adwords Express. Make sure your Google Places page is up to date, then setup budgets in Google Adwords Express. Google will make suggestions for budgets which you can follow, or input your own. The other nice thing is that this is one of the few areas where Google will give you a phone number to call them and they will help you set things up. Adwords Express is good for setting up basic SEM campaigns, and the return is pretty good for the cost.

what ever you do DO NOT DO WHAT THIS GUY SAID!!!

AdWords express is going to give you terrible results. You're better off throwing the $2500 on wacky inflatable tube men scattered throughout your dealers lot.

If you're going to do adwords, do what the previous posters said. Optimize your website first, have compelling copy, target your area based on research of where you're currently selling your cars, then pick keywords that are going to get you traffic.

Also, AdWords isnt a set it and forget it miracle machine. You're going to have to do a lot of tweaking to maximize and optimize the performance of your campaigns.

Honestly, if you're not that familiar with it, hire a vendor to do it but make sure you have full access. Then learn everything that they're doing, then cancel them once you're comfortable doing it on your own. Best way to learn I think.

:looks at date of OP:

:looks at date of post before latest:

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg