• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Analytic's Data and Usage Question

That def makes it alot easier instead of parsing the URL if your using a DDC website. Me personally, I think having crossed shopped vehicle data in the website analytics would be an awesome addition for really any website provider. Basically, if you don't have a third party doing it for you now, your pretty much going off of your gut instinct.

Now my task is to figure out how to structure this in GA. Yesterday, in the Real Time > Events section in GA, I can see all the model VDP's events in the dashboard. It was actually pretty cool. Today, I'm trying to actually see the data from yesterday but with all the events from the site provider, it's making it very difficult to actually see the events / data that I'm pushing in. I'm having a difficult time filtering out the excessive events. Mycars load, Mega Menu load, expand search box, etc, etc...

I'll give it a try Chris. Ultimately, kinda what I was looking for was something like the Flow Chart. I was hoping to exclude all the other events except my "New Car Cross Shopping" and "Used Car Cross Shopping" event in the Flow Chart and then from there I could see event flow for just those events. Right now it's pulling all the events even if I build a new segment for my custom event. It still pulls in the data for all the other events as well.

Ok. Still running into a wall. With your method @Chris Leslie I can see the events but it's almost identical to Behavior>Events>Top Events. I can see all the events but it gives a total for each model. I'm not able to see specific sequenced events like New Car Cross Shopping 1st, 2nd, etc... events strictly for the New Car Cross Shopping category. I've got the question up over in the GA help forum. No reply's yet. I may post it over on stack overflow as well.

Yes. That's what I'm trying to achieve. This is what I'm getting.

flow.JPG

Notice all the mycars events, mega-menu events, etc....

In Advanced settings, I set it to show this
added.JPG

In the Behavior>Events>Top Events and with what @Chris Leslie recommended this is what I can see. Notice the "Not Set" in pos 1, that was before I added the script to the mobile site! The bigger thing to look at is the freaking "Total Events (15,149)". Thats what I'm battling. All those events are pushing my events into the "more events" section in the entire flow chart. If I exclude the mycars events (which is alot) then I also exclude the visitors that my custom event fired on because they fired on the same visitor.
topEvent.JPG

Hey, Rick, maybe this is the question for a developer - see your website developer if they can help you with this and develop a monitoring app or something similar.
GA is great, but it's pretty limited so sometimes you need to go with premium accounts. And when you still do not get data you want, building a custom app may be the solution.
Hope this helps. :)

Guys.... I think I may have it figured out in GA!!! Getting a little excited!! I'm waiting on some data to build up. I'll keep you in the loop and let you know if it works!! Keep your fingers crossed! Looking at the real time data, it looks like the events are properly filtered for exactly what I want!!!