• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Help for a new dealership - remote location

Jan 17, 2017
First Name
David
Hello,

I am working with a Toyota dealership who have unfortunately opened up in a remote location. Sales will be a challenge but at the moment it is general awareness. Without a large budget what are some of your ideas to increase awareness of this new dealership and drive foot traffic? I've considered partnering with a store nearby to leverage their customers and promotion but am interested in your ideas.

Thanks for your time.

If you're looking for reach or brand awareness and big bang for your buck, I'd focus on social media (display) advertising within Facebook and Google Adwords and potentially Bing display and pre-roll video. You're not going to see a ton of traffic (click-through's) or conversions (attribution) from those, but it will definitely get eyes on your dealership and your name out there in your (more than likely underpopulated) demographic.

It's a tough task, I supported Toyota and Ford dealers in the middle of nowhere Texas. Sales might be less, but so is your marketing budget. Meh...

Hello,

I am working with a Toyota dealership who have unfortunately opened up in a remote location. Sales will be a challenge but at the moment it is general awareness. Without a large budget what are some of your ideas to increase awareness of this new dealership and drive foot traffic? I've considered partnering with a store nearby to leverage their customers and promotion but am interested in your ideas.

Thanks for your time.

Perhaps you can tell us who you are and who the dealership is. My first thought is that if you're truly looking for awareness for a new dealership, you should be using their name everywhere... including (and especially) here.

BTW, once we know what the parameters are (geography, language, competition, etc.), we'll all gladly dive in to help.