• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Help me help my owner - Incentive Pay for Internet Performance

... Right now, my title is "Digital Marketing Director"...[snip]... he's put the ball in my hands and wants me to come up with some type of way to implement a bonus structure to my pay.
...[snip]...
Maybe I should explain what I do: Right now, my main responsibilities are handling merchandising duties (pictures/descriptions), customization to the website, online promos, social media, Google adwords.

Any ideas?

I'm in agreement with Chris, it's in the dealer's best interest for you to be paid on the entire operation's output. This way you're thinking about the whole org.

Also, It's in the dealer's best interest that all managers are aiming for the same goal (you included). Managers won't understand what you do (or why ;-), but, when you talk to them in their favorite language (pay, pay and more pay), they'll know you share the same goals they're shooting for. If your payplan structure is aligned with the other managers payplans then your digital efforts and communications are faster and everything gets less stressful.

HTH
Joe

p.s. KTPPSS (Keep The Pay Plan Stupid Simple ;-).
p.p.s. If your service department is a weak side of the business, roll all your pay plan efforts underneath the sales tent. Then, in the years to come, when your dealer wants more service business, it's an added responsibility for you and an new payplan negotiations :)

Thanks @JoePistell - To get that number I researched each segment a little bit. Since in most other types of business the various job categories would be a single person. So I took what the average salary is for that job and added them all up. So I was able to say that I'm worth 1.2 Million as a starting point. =)