• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How much are you spending on online marketing per month?

Sachin Raja

Skate Alert
Mar 13, 2012
First Name
Sachin
I've always wondered what other dealers are spending per month on their advertising from all sources. Most dealers in the same market don't want to share data, I've always tried to be as open as I can so that others can benefit. It's hard to know if you are spending way too much or way too little unless you have some other dealers to benchmark against.

So, including all of your online advertising sources (Autotrader.com, Dealer website, Facebook, Blogs, KBB, Cars.com etc etc) how much do you spend & how many vehicles do you have in inventory?

I'll go first

Average Units in stock: 200 Pre Owned
Online Advertising Budget: $36000
Other Advertising (print, radio, tv): $0

Last edited:
Semi-retired and dated material, I don't know if anything I contribute is relevant.

Nearly three years ago, when I was in Dallas, we only had about 65 spaces to park used cars and much of our over 300+ unit new car inventory was parked off site. It was an old facility. We had dedicated every available computer drop and phone line for myself and the 11 ISMs (We were all hip to hip in an old conference room). Our CRM was an antique with no mobile function.

We usually turned our used car inventory twice a month. The internet department represented 70% of total sales (170-5) but sold much more new than used. Budget around 22 - 23K.

Sadly, the store has lost much of it's talent and has gone to a BDC type operation and their internet sales are in half.

Cashed out, ex-wife took 1/2, IRS took the other half. Left town with pocket change & became a self-taught professional Stock Trader 7 years. Marketing Dir. at Dealerships for a decade, now I'm bringing it all together

Joe, I've tried to keep both my ex-wife and the IRS at a distance. Bringing that together is out of the question.

Yes, there are a lot of business related thing you need to think about. However, there are millions of people with business knowledge out there dying to sell you a service. You need to learn as much as possible so that you know which areas you need help with. If you consider hiring a consultant than be picky and KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. Find somebody local that is supportive of startups.

Yes, there are a lot of business related thing you need to think about. However, there are millions of people with business knowledge out there dying to sell you a service. You need to learn as much as possible so that you know which areas you need help with. If you consider hiring a consultant than be picky and KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. Find somebody local that is supportive of startups.

#AutomatedSPAMBot #VisalusSCAM #VisalusSketchyMarketing #VisalusSUCKS

Reactions: 1 person