• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Hypercasting - Has anyone used it?

Kevin,

Great find! This company you're looking at has their game on. That page may look simple, but there is a lot of trial and error (aka optimizing) that you're looking at.

In the Internet Marketing world, these are called "squeeze pages". A Squeeze page built around one game plan.... "we will give you something if you give me your contact info".

EXAMPLE:
Here is one I tripped across last week while trying to find a way to cure my dog of chewing my homework!: TrainMyAggressiveDog.com | Free Video For Training Your Aggressive, Chew-Happy, or Biting Dog

Squeeze pages work and are not expensive:
squeeze page examples - Google Search

Squeeze page success has 2 criteria: The page design PLUS the message. Grappone's exmaple is a home run. Killer call to actions all over the page (page design) and the Message ties perfectly into creating an real up. Very well done indeed.

I think they are a perfect fit for PPC or SEO landing pages. They will also work for your home site promos (i.e. home site banner ads, pop unders, exit messages and $off coupon popups). I have been drawing up models to build for months now.

This thread inspired me to create such a squeeze page... in fact our friends at mudd providing hypercasting may be perturbed, from their eyes I pretty much highjacked their layout. We're running a push the envelope type of campaign over Jan & Feb at www.holytruck.ca.

You'll notice from the background layout there's a few screws loose... my attempt at some irony. Just listened to the radio spots, hung my head and smiled. It starts out with a really deep voice and an angelic crescendo, "On the eighth day God made trucks and they we're trucking glorious!"

Mitch, love that! Trucking glorious!!!

Will you be advertising radio, paper, online and email? plus SEO? Direct mail?

I would love to see these pages succeed, obviously we are doing something wrong....

Our Autogroup did this: The Steve Marshall Auto Group September 2008.. not quite a squeeze.... but close... between the gas give away (when gas was around 1.60 a litre -right now its 0.98) and the direct mail "register" private sale the response was not impressive.

We have (mostly) found that people don't like to "enter" contests online and whenever we are giving something away we get very few entries, and have much better success with lower priced units etc for contact.... Like right now, print a survey, bring it in, get $25 gas card... we've given away 4 or 5 in a week. Sad.

We had a "sign up for our newsletter get entered to win $100", with such low response it could have been the same 10 people entering every month.

Hi Karen, our campaign is using the site as a feature in our print, radio and direct mail and quite a few interactive ads. No SEO aside from a very minimal PPC campaign budget under $300.

We've found the same thing with online contests, that's why we've made this one a little softer in the advertising... alot of no purchase necessary and "chance to win without ever stepping foot into the dealership". I hesitate to call it a "Grand Prize", its not so grand, but once folks fill out the form they are automatically entered into a weekly draw for "Custom Ford and GM merch" which we're costing out around $50/ week so theres gonna be some decent prizes, then their name is dynamically populated on to a ballot with their phone number for the $1250 accessories package draw which has to be brought into one of the dealerships. Their name is also populated onto a free car was coupon for our auto spa which we're spinning as "to clean up our bad taste".

We hope it works and only time will tell I suppose but if you case out something like Grappone Automotive and consider they charge around $7,000 to fire it up (first time) about $3000 every event change... there has to be something to it.

Anyone see some glaring holes in our process and what we're doing? Its tough without the final video in place but it's fairly straight forwardI think. We're also setting up a showroom terminal for the folks who've come down without getting a ballot to enter and drop it off into the draw box at the accessories booth.

Last edited:
Finished all the PHP coding on our HolyTruck.ca website and last night pulled off the lowest budget green screen production by taping construction paper to my basement wall... the site is geared up and just about ready to go with video in place. If you scoped it out earlier it was a video where i was describing what was to come so I could send it to media partners and dealer employees.

Just need to make a few graphics for the secondary landing page and get some specials put together for when the people come knocking down my door. (God help me if it turns into a "better mouse trap" nightmare)

HOLYTRUCK.CA

Like the idea? I've got holytruck.com up for bids! :2quiet:

Last edited:
Finished all the PHP coding on our HolyTruck.ca website and last night pulled off the lowest budget green screen production by taping construction paper to my basement wall... the site is geared up and just about ready to go with video in place. If you scoped it out earlier it was a video where i was describing what was to come so I could send it to media partners and dealer employees.

Just need to make a few graphics for the secondary landing page and get some specials put together for when the people come knocking down my door. (God help me if it turns into a "better mouse trap" nightmare)

HOLYTRUCK.CA

Like the idea? I've got holytruck.com up for bids! :2quiet:

I love it! Holy Truck!
We use Mudd for our main site and would love to cut the expense. I will play around with this and get my dealer's buy in before I chase this one though...I like this shiny...and it's inexpensive!