• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I am a salesperson and I need your help

I would highly recommend posting vehicles on Facebook marketplace and as many local buy sell groups in your area. I would also make sure ALL of your friends and family know you sell cars. If you sell 1-2 vehicles off Facebook a week which with your current inventory that's pretty realistic. That would be 4-8 extra car sales for you a month.
Definitely agree with this. Especially if you are in semi niche vehicles, find a group that focuses on those and post them. People are much more active there.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Hello Ryan, I appreciate the follow up. I've been concentrating on trying to mine the CRM to find orphaned leads and that has taken a ton of my free time. I'm most interested in trying out these ideas and really appreciate the input and help from everyone who posted. Now I'm wondering about some software to post facebook ads to take advantage of our huge inventory, I see that as an untapped opportunity. I feel like I need more time in the day ;-) Thank you for checking on me!

Hello Ryan, I appreciate the follow up. I've been concentrating on trying to mine the CRM to find orphaned leads and that has taken a ton of my free time. I'm most interested in trying out these ideas and really appreciate the input and help from everyone who posted. Now I'm wondering about some software to post facebook ads to take advantage of our huge inventory, I see that as an untapped opportunity. I feel like I need more time in the day ;-) Thank you for checking on me!

Are you referring to Facebook Ads or a service/program that streamlines the posting to your/business wall? If it's the later, I would stick with using the Facebook tools vs a 3rd party tool - seems to be, over the years, you get the most consistency and flexibility inside of their business admin. Unless someone knows of a better tool and process.

Reactions: Tallcool1
Hi Jeff,
I am thinking about the suggestion to post inventory to Facebook Marketplace and I recognize that we have hundreds of vehicles on our site and we sell a half dozen a day, so I can't imagine actually doing that "by hand". I can generate an excel output from our CRM and I am looking for a tool that can post the individual vehicles on marketplace with my contact info. I'm thinking of writing a script to do it.
Thanks for this awesome site, and you input!

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Hello to you,

I am a salesperson who has struggled finding qualified leads. Today I am reliant upon foot traffic, phone calls and internet leads.

We have a good inventory of hundreds of vehicles. Few people use the CRM, almost none as much as I do. I have some flexibility to "market" vehicles on the internet but have no marketing budget.

We use Eleads as our CRM. I am trying to mine our CRM for old customers who are not attached to a current salesperson.

Two questions to start:
What do you recommend I do to generate qualified leads?
Is there any service that will find me buyers who will take a cut of the deal if I can close them?

Thank you
Well, here's a pointer.

I was recently at my dealership for an oil change. A man opened the door for me. He shook my hand. He looked me in the eye. He asked for my name. He then introduced himself. First and last name. Then, he told me he wanted to (1) put me in a new car and (2) give me top dollar for my car.

I was completely turned off and disinterested. I was there for one purpose - an oil change. I did not welcome his nonsense. I told him to get out of my space, handed my keys to my service tech, and took an Uber to the nearest Starbucks.

I'd rather walk barefoot through these heroin-needle infested streets and get AIDS than buy a new car from him or any business that had the poor sense to hire him.

Don't do what he did.

Reactions: KingFrog
Well, here's a pointer.

I was recently at my dealership for an oil change. A man opened the door for me. He shook my hand. He looked me in the eye. He asked for my name. He then introduced himself. First and last name. Then, he told me he wanted to (1) put me in a new car and (2) give me top dollar for my car.

I was completely turned off and disinterested. I was there for one purpose - an oil change. I did not welcome his nonsense. I told him to get out of my space, handed my keys to my service tech, and took an Uber to the nearest Starbucks.

I'd rather walk barefoot through these heroin-needle infested streets and get AIDS than buy a new car from him or any business that had the poor sense to hire him.

Don't do what he did.
@Alex Snyder, @ryan.leslie ... what did the salesman do wrong?

@Alex Snyder, @ryan.leslie ... what did the salesman do wrong?
According to Amit's story, he did not present the customer with choices. If someone is in the service drive with the assumptive goal of having service performed on his vehicle, an aggressive change of goals will not go over well.

Here's some other ways to handle it:

Hello, and welcome to ABC Motors. Do you have an appointment? <customer response is yes and says with whom> Great! The silver team is right over here, and after you're all checked in, I want you to know I can perform an appraisal of your car while you're waiting. Just in case you want to consider getting into something newer. How does that sound?

<customer response is no to appraisal> No problem! I'm always happy to assist if the itch ever arises. Here's to many more miles on these wheels.

<customer response is maybe> Why don't I send you a number to ponder on your phone? Can I text it to you? <no> How about an email, then? <no> No problem! I'll have it printed and ready for you when you pick your car up later.

<customer response is positive> Great! I'll get that started. Do you mind if I text you when I'm done? Then I can find you to discuss.