• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I Hacked How This Dealer got 230K on TikTok... So you can do the same

Growth in Followers - kind of a hard metric to make me believe that a dealer is successful on social.

Every time I have done a deep dive - those followers are not really LOCALIZED to my market (120 miles +/-). Now if you can show me a sold map since XXX date were the social growth happened, and that corelates to realized out of market sales ... I am in.

Have not seen yet where the amount of time and effort pays off. Outside of stroking some of the OEMs, a large social following does not always makes $$$ and cents.

Reactions: craigh
Growth in Followers - kind of a hard metric to make me believe that a dealer is successful on social.
100% - You can make no correlation between SM followers & sales. As a crazy example Ferrari has 1.8M on TikTok, total sold is about 225k :P

Every time I have done a deep dive - those followers are not really LOCALIZED to my market (120 miles +/-). Now if you can show me a sold map since XXX date were the social growth happened, and that corelates to realized out of market sales ... I am in.
This has to be the case.

I've been skeptical about this too. It changed rapidly when I realized some clients of mine were pulling 5, 10 or even 15 units per month from TikTok alone. The top guy I know has 4K followers, doing 20 units/month. Nothing to be shy about.

Have not seen yet where the amount of time and effort pays off. Outside of stroking some of the OEMs, a large social following does not always makes $$$ and cents.
A guy inside this TikTok Mastermind did 23 leads in a day. Closed 3 within 7 days don't know after. From a 3 min video. Finance, not new or used though, but still.

Makes me rethink my career choices :D