• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Ignore your Manufacturer website(s)? Why??

Dealers should assess all of the options available and, in my opinion, NEVER ignore their OEM site.

I never said that dealers shouldn't use a second website. What I thought I clearly stated was that vendors mislead dealers by identifying OEM site problems as being inherent to their design with the lack the flexibility to look any different from their same-brand competitors. Vendors also exploit the dealers' dislike of their OEM's website mandate to slander and unfairly malign the OEM's chosen vendor.

Most dealers on this board are knowledgeable enough to understand the right reasons to use another website. OEM sites have some design limitations, and leading sales dealerships can afford to have a custom solution and control everything... but they still should update and maintain their OEM site.

Dealers with a more restrictive budget should not spend a limited budget to create and maintain a "better" website without fully exploring the potential of their OEM site.

For the record, I have never worked for a vendor, let alone a website vendor. I have witnessed first-hand the lies told to a DP about the OEM site.

Reactions: 1 person