• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I'm feeling very generous, looking to make vehicle comments easier and faster? I'll tell you how.

kcar

Boss
Jun 14, 2011
First Name
B
Trying to type out comments for hundreds of cars can take forever and become a bit repetitive. Vehicle comment generators aren't exactly perfect and can come out sounding a bit jumbled. I'm feeling a bit generous tonight, so here's a solution for those with limited time, slower typing speeds and stressful hands. Even with blind folded lighting fast typing speeds, I can't accomplish everything so I figured another way to increase my productivity.

Today we'll be using speech recognition. This is something your salespeople or yourself can use, with a quick chat about the car (similar to talking about it in person) you can finish your vehicle comments in no time. You will have to train it but you should be seeing about 90%+ accuracy the first time. Imagine, talking about the car without typing, copying the text into your inventory editor, done.

First one we'll look at it Microsoft's Windows 7 version: Found here: Set up Speech Recognition

Second one (Which is better and I recommend) is Google Voice. https://accounts.google.com/Service...lowup=https://www.google.com/voice&ltmpl=open (How to video I found) Converting Your Thoughts to Text with Google Voice Video

More things for you to look at: 5 Easy Speech-to-Text Solutions - ProfHacker - The Chronicle of Higher Education

Anyways, have fun hope this saves time. (Some of you might be using this already, it's really old), but it's the car business I wouldn't be surprised if people have never heard of this or put the two together. Enjoy.

:hello:

Reactions: 1 person
Kcar,

Are you sure wouldn't like to provide an address for those not looking for a free handout, perhaps they might want to send you a consulting check? This was very generous of you! :rofl:

Usually I don't share things but just trying to give back to the community a bit. lol, Wasn't expecting it to be worth anything but if it helps someone in the process I'll be happy enough. No checks needed.

Mail loose change?

lol. Not a problem, Paypal will do just fine, just kidding.