• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Internet/BDC Director For Hire!

pwilkerson

Rust & Dust
Jun 4, 2011
First Name
Paul
Paul Wilkerson
318-394-1402 cell
pwilkerson318 skype account
[email protected]

Quick and simple!

I started in the automotive sales industry almost right out of High School. At first, I thought it would be a good "job" until I figured out what I wanted to do with my life. Then it hit me... Like 2 tons of bricks in the face! This is what I LOVE doing!

About 5 years ago, I had an unfortunate accident and broke my back (not paralyzed thank God!) and had to step away from what I love to do. I couldn't pound the pavement, but I didn't want to leave the industry. I did the next best thing.. I became the dreaded vendor! I started working for a company that taught and sold phone skills training all over the US and parts of Canada, all by phone. Imagine trying to sell to Dealer Principals, and GMs over the phone.. WOW! After about a year, I was able to get back on the pavement, and with the knowledge I gained during my time off, I found my calling! I came out guns-a-blazin' and the company realized my potential FAST! We (I say "we", rather than "I" because I know better) decided to start an Internet/BDC Department from the ground up, and my background made it easy. We took the Internet and went from 3-5 sales a month to over 40 (just me :) )

Soon, other dealers were beginning to take notice. I was soon recruited by the top volume CJD dealer in Louisiana, and was asked to remake the Internet/BDC Department. I absolutely LOVED this dealership! We (I am but one man!) managed to raise the bar, and take the department from averaging just over 35 units a month to 75-90 and $190-$225K gross in just six months! And once again, another dealer took interest in me.

I was offered the eCommerce Director position for a small auto group (3 stores). The dealer was very convincing and after discussing with people I hold in high regards, I decided it was worth the move up. This group has such high potential, but I have unfortunately found that there is just no backing. If the current dealer were to unleash me, the market would be ours, and the return would be endless. Even with all of the restraints, I have managed to take the department from 17 (best month in a year) to 35 in the first few months, while increasing gross from $1,900 to $3,100 per copy.

If my current dealer would allow me to grow this beast, we would own the market, and become an unstoppable force. I am the successful, because I listen to the best, and I am not too proud to learn. This business is ever changing, and I am unfortunately in a position drowned in micromanagement, and stuck in a mindset that cannot be changed.

If you want someone that will take you to the next level...
If you want someone that you can trust...
If you want exponential growth...
If you want to realize the potential of an essentially untapped market...

Call me. Text me. Email me. Skype me.

Let's Talk

Paul, I have a few friends through the south that I could check for you if they are looking. Mainly Chevy stores, 1 outside Houston, the other in Benntonville Ar. Let me know.

I would certainly be interested! Thank you!

Paul give me a call I think I can give you a number of good contacts in LA that would be a good fit for you.

I will call soon! May be a few days with the end of the month here. Thank you!