• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Internet Lead Buying Timeline Chart/Graph

rlamb

3rd Base Coach
Mar 5, 2013
First Name
Robert
Hello,

This is my first post and I'm sure it won't be my last. I just found this forum and I can't believe I haven't stumbled upon it sooner.

I'm currently putting together a presentation on the importance of long term follow-up for BDC (Internet/Phone) leads. I'm looking for a chart or graph or timeline that shows when customers buy. For example, 20% of internet leads buy within 30 days...70% buy within 120 days, etc. I really need some type of graphic representation of this. I've searched ALL over the internet (how I found this site) and I can't find anything like this anywhere.

I would GREATLY appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Rob

Just my $.02 but, In reference to an auto dealer, that information will be much harder to come across than it would be for a typical eCommerce site considering that, in automotive sales, a conversion is typically a phone call or a form. It's more performance based.

You could gather CRM sales data mixed with call tracking and analytics visitor flow data from the CPC advanced segment to give a best estimate (i.e. Analytics visitor location data from a higher converting landing page for Ford Fiesta and CRM customer info on Fiestas that you've sold closely matching cisitor flow), but it's going to be a little harder to pinpoint an exact time line and percentage like you could with eCommerce conversion data.

It's definitely going to have to be a presentation that you put together yourself, unless someone has already created a presentation that you could use and block out the sales/ name/ personal information.

The good part is that you can get as granular as you need to in analytics to make that best estimate. You can actually see where visitors came to that page from, and then match it with your CRM input to connect the dots and get a time frame.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Hello,

This is my first post and I'm sure it won't be my last. I just found this forum and I can't believe I haven't stumbled upon it sooner.

I'm currently putting together a presentation on the importance of long term follow-up for BDC (Internet/Phone) leads. I'm looking for a chart or graph or timeline that shows when customers buy. For example, 20% of internet leads buy within 30 days...70% buy within 120 days, etc. I really need some type of graphic representation of this. I've searched ALL over the internet (how I found this site) and I can't find anything like this anywhere.

I would GREATLY appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Rob

Rob,

Welcome to DR. This will help. Automotive Shopping Behavior Study 2011 | Think with Google

Google runs a conference in our space called "ThinkAuto". Google it.

HTH
joe

Just my $.02 but, In reference to an auto dealer, that information will be much harder to come across than it would be for a typical eCommerce site considering that, in automotive sales, a conversion is typically a phone call or a form. It's more performance based.

You could gather CRM sales data mixed with call tracking and analytics visitor flow data from the CPC advanced segment to give a best estimate (i.e. Analytics visitor location data from a higher converting landing page for Ford Fiesta and CRM customer info on Fiestas that you've sold closely matching cisitor flow), but it's going to be a little harder to pinpoint an exact time line and percentage like you could with eCommerce conversion data.

It's definitely going to have to be a presentation that you put together yourself, unless someone has already created a presentation that you could use and block out the sales/ name/ personal information.

The good part is that you can get as granular as you need to in analytics to make that best estimate. You can actually see where visitors came to that page from, and then match it with your CRM input to connect the dots and POSSIBLY get a time frame.

Hope that helps.

Prentice,

Google: ThinkAuto 2011, John Ross of Shopper Sciences.

Prepare for a mind blowing deep dive into our space with no peer, before or after.

HTH
Joe