• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Internet Manager Advice

davidmoon

Boss
Nov 23, 2010
First Name
David
I need some advice. Believe it or not I'd like to break into an Internet Manager position in a dealership. I don't have sales experience, but have oodles of Internet marketing experience (13 years), social media, experience driving traffic and leads, ecommerce, traditional media and spent the last five years working for a leading automotive sales, leadership and service training company. So my question based on that very general information ... would you hire me? Can you offer me any advice?

Thanks!
David

Perhaps I should add that I have hands-on technical and marketing experience working with major brands and awesome references that are directly tied to dealerships and the automotive industry. I've probably been subject to more sales material than most car sales people.

David,

You've come to the right place. Matter of fact you've hit the jackpot. Not only am I going to help you find a job, but I am going to help train you for free. See this thread: How are your phone skills? Go to the last several pages and look for where I started with Carey.

So let's start with the basics, what part of the country do you live in? Are you willing to relocate? Tell us more about yourself.

Hello Jerry,

I'm listening to the Coaching Review for Carey Buck. Poor Carey needs some help. I have certainly suffered through the car-buying experience, so with some coaching and word tracks, I think I'd catch on quickly. I'll keep looking through that thread.

I'm in the Chattanooga, TN. I would rather not relocate, but I never say never. Anything else?

David

David,

I just happen to have a dealer I am working with in Chattanooga. I'll put a feeler out to them if they need help. We'll also look to see if there are any other dealers on this thread in the Chattanooga area. I still want to hear more about your background. How about posting a resume for us.

Thank you Jerry -- I'd be happy to email you a resume. I may have to tweak it a bit, as I've been primarily looking for an agency position. Chattanooga is not a very tech-friendly area. I knew that when I moved here.

I know the skinny and have some experience with most of the large dealers in town. Some are certainly easier to deal with than others ...

David

You need to find yourself a dealer group that will allow you to stay with the marketing side, rather getting into the actual sales side - unless you want to get into the actual sales side of the biz.

More and more dealers are looking for the Marketing Guru though.