• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Inventory Management Options For Motorsports?

walkities

Green Pea
Aug 12, 2020
Awards
First Name
Darren
This is a stab in the dark but do any dealers here source their own feeds for Motorsports/Powersports. I currently work for a Ford dealer and ultimately built our website to integrate with the automation software I use and our CRM. Now they have asked me to look into their Motorsports/Powersports store but I cannot find any companies just providing feeds or a serial/VIN explode option like you see with most vehicle feed providers. We currently use Homenet to handle all of our inventory pushes from PBS. All of our Motorsports inventory is in this program as well but I cannot find a provider.

Just wanted to see if anyone here knows any companies. They currently use a third party website provider Dealer Spike but it's very limited (I can't even edit the homepage).

Reach out to a Motorsports store in your area. Ask them who they use for their CRM. That will be a good starting point. The CRM company would likely tell you how they handle decoding.

I use the NHTSA Vin Decoder for my CRM. I don't know if they handle motorsports as well. I would think maybe street bikes but don't know on ATV or UTV.

This is a link to their api documentation. One of those might work for you.

Good luck.

Reach out to a Motorsports store in your area. Ask them who they use for their CRM. That will be a good starting point. The CRM company would likely tell you how they handle decoding.

I use the NHTSA Vin Decoder for my CRM. I don't know if they handle motorsports as well. I would think maybe street bikes but don't know on ATV or UTV.

This is a link to their api documentation. One of those might work for you.

Good luck.
Thanks! Almost all the dealers in this area use the same provider we have. There was "what I thought" a couple different dealers using another company but I found out they were bought by the one we use. It seems to me they have the market cornered. I wouldn't have been opposed to using them but I can't make basic design changes for our website without paying for it.

Will look into the link provided, thanks.

Reactions: Tallcool1
This is a stab in the dark but do any dealers here source their own feeds for Motorsports/Powersports. I currently work for a Ford dealer and ultimately built our website to integrate with the automation software I use and our CRM. Now they have asked me to look into their Motorsports/Powersports store but I cannot find any companies just providing feeds or a serial/VIN explode option like you see with most vehicle feed providers. We currently use Homenet to handle all of our inventory pushes from PBS. All of our Motorsports inventory is in this program as well but I cannot find a provider.

Just wanted to see if anyone here knows any companies. They currently use a third party website provider Dealer Spike but it's very limited (I can't even edit the homepage).
We have inventory data solutions in powersports - let me know if you want to chat! www.authenticom.com