• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is anyone advertising with Yelp? How has it worked?

To respond a bit more seriously. The Yelp! rep that was continuously calling me was actually quite nice but I finally told her that there was just no way we would ever give money to a company the filters the reviews like they do AND sells ad space on the page. That it was the principal of the thing. Of course the last time I checked on compete Yelp! was at 21.6 MILLION unique visits. And from what I recall the new Apple Map system is using Yelp!. I think in the end we will have to join the Dark Side that is Yelp! but I wince at the thought.

&#*@ you Yelp........that is all :D

I am so disappointed that Apple decided to partner with Yelp on IOS 6..Shudder. Yelp will never get a single cent from any store I work for as long as they continue to use business practices that skew the results of reviews to give a negative slant. Why would any business support that model? Our rating finally got to 4 stars recently and they just stripped 4 more positive reviews leaving the total at 2.5 stars. Why would I want to pay outrageous advertising fees to the only site that consistently gives weight to bad reviews and does its utmost to hide all the positive? Right now we have 22 reviews but 16 are filtered out with the majority of them very happy customers. I am 100% for making sure reviews are legit but the current Yelp system is broken. They are not doing the customer any favors by hiding legitimate reviews.

Also what is with the difficult captcha code they require you to enter to even see the filtered reviews, what's the purpose of that? - End Frustrated Rant