• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ISM Job Description

jthacker

Push Start
Jul 14, 2009
First Name
Jeremy
Does anyone have an in-depth, comprehensive job description for an ISM? I realize with all of the tasks and responsibilities that are heaped upon us that the document could be 27 pages.

I'm trying to write my own job description and responsibilities and would like to get some ideas from others.

While I was waiting, I decided to go ahead and start knocking this out myself based on what I'm learning so far. Please keep in mind that I've only been on the job 3 weeks and have no automotive background so be nice. In addition, I'd really like some help filling in the reporting aspects of the description. I believe that managing by numbers is a great way to do business and I'm really interested in knowing the key metrics that some of you are using to manage your departments. I'm sure there is better terminology than what I've used too. I have this in a word document that I'm more than happy to distribute if anyone wants to collaborate or just wants to have a copy. With that said...............

Internet Sales Manager Job Description

To increase the overall sales, profitability, and service of the dealership while lowering overhead by leveraging the Internet and other technologies.

The ISM will have 3 distinct and different yet correlating job titles and responsibilities. Each title holds its own set of responsibilities, goals, and objectives.

1) Webmaster

To generate viewers of the dealership’s website and inventory and, most importantly, convert those viewers into leads

Key Elements

Website

• Keep Content Fresh
  • Monthly Specials
  • Programs and Promotions (i.e. CARS)
Lead Generation

• SEM and SEO
  • 3rd Party Generators (AutoTrader.com, Cars.com, KBB.com)
  • Chat Technology
  • Customer Testimonials (Video and Written)
  • Blogs
Reporting

• Unique Visitors
  • Traffic from 3rd Party Generators

2) Inventory Manager

Responsible for presenting the dealership’s inventory as quickly and effectively as possible by using pictures, video, and descriptions

Inventory Presentation
·Real-time (or as close as possible)
·20+ Quality Pics
·Sexy Descriptions
·Priced Right to maximize profit and reduce days on market
·Custom walk-a-round videos
·Consistent lighting and background
Reporting

• Hottest Cars
  • Days on Inventory

3) Business Development Center Manager

To convert as many as leads as possible into appointments and walk-ins (and possibly out of area sales)

Customer Interaction

• Immediate Response
  • All forms of communication offered (Phone, IM, Chat, e-Mail, Click to Talk, Social Networking, etc.)
  • Automated follow-up system
  • DETAILED reporting
  • Sale Autopsies
Sales Management

• Distribution of leads based on customer type
  • Daily meetings w sales to check on lead status
Reporting

• Leads to Appointment Ratio

While I was waiting, I decided to go ahead and start knocking this out myself based on what I'm learning so far. Please keep in mind that I've only been on the job 3 weeks and have no automotive background so be nice. In addition, I'd really like some help filling in the reporting aspects of the description. I believe that managing by numbers is a great way to do business and I'm really interested in knowing the key metrics that some of you are using to manage your departments. I'm sure there is better terminology than what I've used too. I have this in a word document that I'm more than happy to distribute if anyone wants to collaborate or just wants to have a copy. With that said...............

Internet Sales Manager Job Description

To increase the overall sales, profitability, and service of the dealership while lowering overhead by leveraging the Internet and other technologies.

The ISM will have 3 distinct and different yet correlating job titles and responsibilities. Each title holds its own set of responsibilities, goals, and objectives.

1) Webmaster

To generate viewers of the dealership’s website and inventory and, most importantly, convert those viewers into leads

Key Elements

Website

• Keep Content Fresh
  • Monthly Specials
  • Programs and Promotions (i.e. CARS)

Lead Generation

• SEM and SEO
  • 3rd Party Generators (AutoTrader.com, Cars.com, KBB.com)
  • Chat Technology
  • Customer Testimonials (Video and Written)
  • Blogs

Reporting

• Unique Visitors
  • Traffic from 3rd Party Generators

2) Inventory Manager

Responsible for presenting the dealership’s inventory as quickly and effectively as possible by using pictures, video, and descriptions

Inventory Presentation
·Real-time (or as close as possible)
·20+ Quality Pics
·Sexy Descriptions
·Priced Right to maximize profit and reduce days on market
·Custom walk-a-round videos
·Consistent lighting and background
Reporting

• Hottest Cars
  • Days on Inventory

3) Business Development Center Manager

To convert as many as leads as possible into appointments and walk-ins (and possibly out of area sales)

Customer Interaction

• Immediate Response
  • All forms of communication offered (Phone, IM, Chat, e-Mail, Click to Talk, Social Networking, etc.)
  • Automated follow-up system
  • DETAILED reporting
  • Sale Autopsies

Sales Management

• Distribution of leads based on customer type
  • Daily meetings w sales to check on lead status

Reporting

• Leads to Appointment Ratio

Hi,

Good ideal, pls try to keep posting. I like this topic very much and I will digged this one. Tks again.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Sales manager job description

Best regards.

Last edited: