• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Join the Discussion: A Unified Platform for Dealer Inventory Needs

I've seen a few companies pitch something similar to your concept. From the acquisition side my main concern is going to be when a dealer purchases a vehicle through your platform and finds out there is something wrong with it that wasn't disclosed by the seller. Who's on the hook? Or is it entirely up to the dealer to perform an inspection at time of purchase? Inspections on purchase would significantly slow down the process, likely upsetting the customer, and also lead to offers being changed once dealer inspections are performed. This leads to poor a customer experience in the customer's eyes.

I generally like the idea of a private party auction space for dealers to buy vehicles from but there are too many variables when it comes to the everyday consumer listing their vehicle for sale.
Unless you're Carvana and can use shareholder money to pay over market for vehicles, all while not inspecting them or caring about condition.

Reactions: Jon Singo
Unless you're Carvana and can use shareholder money to pay over market for vehicles, all while not inspecting them or caring about condition.
Or DriveTime, CarShop, or any other large corporate backed group.

Their wholesale channels allow them to get out of purchasing mistakes while likely making money in the process. They're doing significant damage to the little guy and I have no good solution for it.

My team buys 300+ a month and we've come to terms with the fact those groups are going to get theirs, and there's nothing we can do about it. Pick your battles and move on. But when I see a little guy going to war with DriveTime over a $10k unit selling for $15k, it hurts to see.

Reactions: EpiCar
I've seen a few companies pitch something similar to your concept. From the acquisition side my main concern is going to be when a dealer purchases a vehicle through your platform and finds out there is something wrong with it that wasn't disclosed by the seller. Who's on the hook? Or is it entirely up to the dealer to perform an inspection at time of purchase? Inspections on purchase would significantly slow down the process, likely upsetting the customer, and also lead to offers being changed once dealer inspections are performed. This leads to poor a customer experience in the customer's eyes.

I generally like the idea of a private party auction space for dealers to buy vehicles from but there are too many variables when it comes to the everyday consumer listing their vehicle for sale.
Totally get your concern! At EpiCar, we're just the middlemen connecting you with sellers and managing the auction. Inspection are on the dealers, but we will think about this, thanks for your feedback. We're all about making connections smoother, but we definitely encourage checking out the cars you're interested in.

In an industry often dominated by giants like Carvana and Carmax, smaller dealerships can struggle to find quality inventory. Our team has decided to address this challenge by creating a platform that unites dealers and provides accessible inventory from private owners for all.

Would a unified platform interest you for sourcing inventory?
What features would make this platform more valuable to you?

We will be grateful for your feedback.
We're currently running a special promotion for dealers. Sign up now and your first vehicle purchase will be commission-free. You can register on the EpiCar's website.

In an industry often dominated by giants like Carvana and Carmax, smaller dealerships can struggle to find quality inventory. Our team has decided to address this challenge by creating a platform that unites dealers and provides accessible inventory from private owners for all.

Would a unified platform interest you for sourcing inventory?
What features would make this platform more valuable to you?

We will be grateful for your feedback.
EpiCar joined the New York Independent Automobile Dealers Association.

By collaborating with independent dealer communities, we aim to create a two-way dialogue. Dealers share their challenges, and EpiCar tailors solutions.