• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Lead Conversion: Dealer TextLEADS beats TrueCar + AutoByTel + Cars.com combined

Greg Wible

Green Pea
Apr 5, 2017
First Name
Greg
Data Direct from Nissan Dealer / March 2017 DMS Lead Conversion Report:

SoCal Dealer TextLEADS platform outsold TrueCar + AutoByTel + Cars.com combined

SoCal Dealer TextLEADS platform generated almost double vehicles sold vs TrueCAR . . .
@ 10% of the cost-per-unit-sold vs TrueCAR.

March_Closing_Ratio_2.jpg

SoCal Dealer TextLEADS Mobile Lead Generating Platform

Mobilize Your Inventory, Get Direct Text Leads & Close More Deals

New Dealer Sign-up Bundle Promo
text 55678 keyword TEXTLEADS
text 55678 keyword TEXTREWARDS

PLATFORM PRIMARY COMPONENTS
1) Lot Text Lead Generator
2) Photo Text Lead Generator
3) Web To Text Lead Generator
4) Mailer Text Lead Generation

AUTO RETAILER PRICING
2017 Program Subscriptions for the SoCal Dealer TextLEAD Platform
$799 per month for Single Point Stores
$699 per month per Store for Multi-Point Chains

First Month FREE
Every 12th Month FREE

Includes Bonus Pro Bundle of
TEXT REWARDS MODULE
BIRTHDAY CLUB MODULE

Simple Flat Rate Prices include Team Training & Unlimited
Capacity text messages–never a cap or surcharge.
($395 one-time setup fee per store)

more platform info here ==>
< http://socaldigital.us/2017/04/socal-dealertext/ >

Here's one effective component of our Dealer TextLEADs platform to turn your photos into lead producers.

PHOTO TEXT LEAD GENERATOR

Rather than non-effective overlays with just your logo & address, simply add a “Keyword” specific to campaigns to drive direct response leads from 3rd party websites like Autotrader, Cars.com, Craigslist and more.

Keyword Overlays are easy to create and implement to produce quality organic leads for your store all over the web.

Shopper texts the keyword, instantly they receive back information to their mobile device about specials, appraising their trade and applying for credit.

You get their mobile number that goes direct into your CRM ready for your team to call or text follow-up to continue the conversation and set the appointment.

picture_text_generator_murano.jpg

• 💩
Reactions: craigh
@Greg Wible

Love your work, even though it has already been done since like... 5+ years ago...

I disagree about your comment that these leads are generated "organically"--they are not. There is some organic factor such as customers that drive by the dealer, see their name, Google them, find them organically, then find the dealer's VDP, and decide to text. But the rest of the traffic, a big portion of it, is driven by the dealer's advertising with the companies that you so easily dismiss (autobytel, auto trader, etc).

What you suggest in your post is not only untrue but also dangerous, a dealer should carefully understand and consider closing/changing advertising sources.

Not a fan of TrueCar but your analogy is out of bounds; your cost per lead is not $10, the dealer spends on the advertising to drive to your platform. Furthermore the cost of TrueCar is to sell to leads in their marketplace, the lead sources with whom they have exclusive access.

To make matters worse for you, it seems that you suggest that your system costs $699/month? My company does the same thing, plus we answer all your text messages and can combine with chat if you want for 25% of what you charge. Just to make @Jeff Kershner happy, you can hire ContactAtOnce too, get cast and text, then have someone like Homenet add the text layer to your photos for free.

Good luck.

My company does the same thing, plus we answer all your text messages and can combine with chat if you want for 25% of what you charge.

I don't think you're attributing enough value to this CTA button.
Have to pay for the R&D that went into that thing.

upload_2017-5-8_14-16-43.png

In all seriousness.. what is the unique value proposition here?
Also, this is just advertising.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
This is just crazy. a Text CTA on your own dealership website SHOULD NEVER be compared to a 3rd party lead source. This is the kind of crap that makes me so fed-up.

I would have typically deleted this thread for advertising but every so often you have to allow something like this to stick to prove a point.

Thoughts?

@yagoparamo @craigh @ Jeff Kershner

Gents - all input / humor welcome.

Obviously, I have a long road to graduate from noobie status, but recognize tuition is part of the journey....point(s) taken & duly noted.

Did not intend to represent this Lead Generating solution as being the latest cutting edge or the least expensive...just that it is performing well at multiple stores including "early adopters' and "late adopters" ~ and, soon we are rolling out our Rewards module that will improve close rates even more.

Appreciate all feedback & continued success to all out in the trenches

Reactions: Jeff Kershner