• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Letting customers see into the future

CF,

We have a "New Arrivals" page that is popular, but, it's for units that are ready for sale only. I use to have a link on that page for units "in-transit". Many shopper headaches due to all kinds of missing and bad data and "assumptions" from customers (they think all cars are perfect when they roll off the truck). The sales reps liked to use it, so I left it on the new arrival page, but I've HID THE in-transit LINK so only the sales reps can find it.

hope this helps.
Joe

Great point Joe - that does help.

I used to do that when I was at a smaller Mercedes store. Would manually pre-load the inventory into Homenet and ad a disclosure to let the customer know the car was inbound and would be fresh off the truck. Would try and take a photo of the "same" model and trim and place a watermark over the photo with "arriving soon". This would also get the inventory onto cars.com and autotrader.com sooner.

I admit it was easy to admin since I was a smaller Mercedes store and it sure paid off.

Next step was to use one of the 5 comments fields in Homenet to signify it was a "arriving soon" vehicle so I could have all of these vehicles show up in the arriving soon page. I love AUTOMATED processes. I just never got around to it before leaving.