• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Live Chat. What's The Best Way To Handle It? A Few Questions

I would love to see some of those case study facts and figures (Dealer Name, Stats before Chat, Stats after Chat, etc), as apposed to referencing numbers out of the blue. Have you done any live case studies online with unbiased volunteer dealers (Unbiased meaning not current clients)? Are you willing to share your case study data here on dealer refresh? If you are willing, I think the more data the better to help dealers learn more about what live chat can do for them.

We see an overall increase in conversion from our 24/7 managed service case studies from 40 to 100% (as seen here on dealer refresh), but with all our clients we see a 57% average increase. We don't see anywhere near 80% conversion from all chats? We see 44 to 46% of all chats, and 67 to 71% of sales related chats (The only time these numbers were much higher was during cash for clunkers). We see almost 45% of the chats as not being vehicle sales related. We have been doing this for a long time, so I am curious to how the numbers you are mentioning could be so different from what we see? Are you guys on the service and parts pages? Also just curious, is the integrated inventory with any client, or just for the clients using your websites?

The case study was to show that chat leads don't take away from a dealership's other web leads. The dealers we used were from all current clients over a variety of brands as that's the data we had full access to. All dealers were willing participants of the studies but we protected their anonymity by request. I'll gladly share the data as it's something we've posted before. ActiveEngage sees the same numbers as they blast that in all of their advertisements.

On the topic of Lead Conversions... we are currently seeing a 79.3% lead conversion on the all of chats that our Managed Chat Team handles (looks like I need to get our trainers back on the ball for that dip ;) as we were at 80% at the close of August). I'm sure it has a lot to do with the level of customer service we are able to accomplish. Our chatters have greater access to what the customers are wanting to discuss... the inventory. As stated before, we're not just a bolt on product as we're fully integrated with the dealership's live inventory. We can actually discuss the live inventory, push links to individual vehicles and groupings, attach vehicles to ADF files... and that's with any website, not just eCarList. The only places we see more of that 55/45 split like you do are with the high end brands that focus on those departments (ex: Mercedes Benz). We do see numbers in the 75/25 to 80/20% commonly on your Kia's, Nissan's, Honda's, Toyota's, etc. Of course, independents will mostly have a 100% sales number. We do have our chat running on all the pages and separate out the types of chat leads for the different departments and pull running data from (as well as feed into) the eCarList Health Report System.