• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Looking at Recycler.com as an alternative to Dealix used cars and need some perspective

jssimonton

Sled Master
Mar 9, 2011
First Name
Jeff
I need some perspective from the forum. In front of me is an opportunity to list my vehicles with Recycler.com (by way of the local cable company.) The cost is $500/month. This would list our vehicles on a bunch of websites including usedcars.com, automotive.com, kbb.com, yahoo, bing, and a couple dozen others. This is essentially the same network as Dealix (which we use currently), and I’m bothered that our identity is being hidden by Dealix. I’m sure that’s the only way they can avoid customers just calling the dealership and therefore enables them to charge us more. I contend that we would get more contacts with our good name on the listings.

As it stands right now, we get more email leads from Dealix used cars than Cars.com. I’m interested in anyone with experience with the Recycler.com product or with input on the overall plan.

Jeff,

Unless the person giving the recommendation is in the same market you are it is pretty much worthless... websites work and behave very differently from city to city.

I know that in the past you have suggested that you work on a small budget so don't take this the wrong way; take in consideration that:

$500 is very little money in today's advertising world, probably worth it giving it a shot. You need at least 6 months to see what happens Ask them to give you a deal if you commit 6 months and try to go for $400/month.

Don't expect any groundbreaking sales numbers... if they knew (the people at recycler.com) that you were going to get blown away by the numbers of leads, it wouldn't be $500 (it will be $5,000).