• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Looking for new website vendor. How does DealerOn stack up?

pwilkerson

Rust & Dust
Jun 4, 2011
First Name
Paul
Hey guys,

I have recently moved to a new dealership that is in desperate need of help!

I've enharited a hunk of junk! BUT, that's why I was brought in.. It's my job to polish this turd into a shiny piece of gold!

First step is to fix the God awful site. The current vendor is Dealer.com, and while I do not hold Dealer.com solely responsible for this disaster, they do have numerous limitations. For one, the OEM restrictions make it nearly impossible to stand out, and I hear the word "can't" a lot from this vendor.

So, my first goal is to find a vendor that I can work with. One that will help me put my vision into action. In one of my 20 group meetings, the guys at DealerOn came in and did a presentation about CTA and how they use it to increase conversions on their sites. The sites that I have managed tend to have a form conversion of around 5% with an overall conversion around 12%. However, these guys were saying that their dealers see form conversions around 8-10%, and as high as 15%.

In addtion to finding a new website vendor, we are also planning on moving forward with Hook Logic. We feel that they have an approach that could really help convert visitors.

Are any of you using DealerOn? If so, are you seeing these kinds of numbers?

What other vendors would you recommend? Both as a website provider AND 3rd party vendors that specialize in helping convert website visitors.

Vendors are welcome to comment, but no mud slinging please!

Paul Wilkerson

Last edited:
I like DealerOn and Auto Fusion. DealerOn because of their conversion testing, and Auto Fusion because they are actually implementing schema.org, the official Mark up language for all the search engines.

Both companies make great looking websites, and have a can do attitude.

I would suggest trying to work with Dealer.com, too. If you can get the right account manager they can be great. The one they signed to my dealer group had changes done in a matter of minutes.

For tips on conversion rate optimisation I would check out the Conversion Rate Scientist. I saw him speak at Pubcon before, and his case studies are awesome.

I like DealerOn and Auto Fusion. DealerOn because of their conversion testing, and Auto Fusion because they are actually implementing schema.org, the official Mark up language for all the search engines.

Both companies make great looking websites, and have a can do attitude.

I would suggest trying to work with Dealer.com, too. If you can get the right account manager they can be great. The one they signed to my dealer group had changes done in a matter of minutes.

For tips on conversion rate optimisation I would check out the Conversion Rate Scientist. I saw him speak at Pubcon before, and his case studies are awesome.

Well, I have been working with DDC for roughly 4 years now, and have had 7 different account managers. My current account manager was also my first, and has been the best by far. However, the limitations set up by the OEM are really holding us back and in the recent years I hear a lot about what DDC can't do. In this day and age, we have to stand out.

I really like what I see with DealerOn though.. I've also been looking at Dealer E-Process and am impressed by them as well.. thank you for the input.

When I was still at the dealership, I used Dealer.com as well and never had a problem. There are advantages and disadvantages to working with a company the size of Dealer.com. What has impressed me is they have hired some very good talent over the last few years who are going to really push DDC innovation.

On the flip side, if you are looking to make a switch I would look at DealerON and Dealerfire. DealerON has exceptional customer service, probably the best of any vendor I worked with. Dealerfire has completely custom sites, take a look at their portfolio and I'm sure you will be impressed.

Good luck with the new job!

I think the website vendors listed here are great - I wouldn't disagree with anyone's suggestions so far. Smart move with HookLogic, too. New vendors take a lot of research, for sure.

I would add, when you're doing your research, keep a list of the most time consuming parts of your day with your current vendors and be sure the new vendors cut that headache in half!

I would like to reiterate that my reason for looking at other vendors is not because of Dealer.com itself, but rather the limitations setup by Chrysler Digital through DDC. Unfortunately, it seems like the manufacturers want everyone to have some kind of cookie cutter site, but we MUST stand out!

My rep got wind of this forum post and has emailed asking to speak with me about our site. We will see what DDC can do to help.. Has anyone worked with Dealer E-Process? Their sites look very clean, very fresh, and very unique!

Has anyone worked with Dealer E-Process? Their sites look very clean, very fresh, and very unique!

I used to work for them a couple of years ago. Their conversion rates are great and they're not a big "No" company so I think this should really help you stand out. I think their SEO program has done really well but IMO they really excel in support the most out of all areas.

Reactions: 1 person