• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Monthly Percentages

Here is how I would look at the numbers:

Internet Leads 100
Contact Rate60%60
Appointed50%30
Shown70%21
Sold48%10

In my opinion people do not focus on contact rate and that should be an important part of the equation. We could even add another category, how many dials per customer. Most do not make enough dials. It's one call and done, this puppy is on auto pilot now. Or they make a second call the next day at the same time they made the first call. In the first few days, Internet leads should be called multiple times. Would you like to hear the techniques I teach on this?

Note: the numbers above do not represent what I think should be achieved, they are just random numbers used to make a point.

The way you presented the numbers/data is 100% correct Jerry! That was my only point. Thanks for making it clearer.

Rand

Rand,

I wanted to make sure you understood what I meant by "my very poor tone." I followed this thread from the beginning since this has been my area of expertise for many years.

Here is the way your numbers should be presented to our community:
View attachment 983

Now the numbers you show will be presented based on complete information. Ryan and our community can then make sound decisions on your measurements. The numbers you see there will give Ryan the comparisons he asked for from the beginning.

If you are interested in learning more about presenting verifiable, meaningful results that our community will get excited about just let me know. I would be happy to help you.

Joe,

I respectfully disagree. The method Jerry and I present are a much clearer and proper way. The community can give much better better advice with the simple addition of lead totals. I was NOT talking about Ryan's performance but the way he presented the "numbers".

Rand

Rand,

Perhaps you and Joe got off to a rough start and that stuff happens. I would suggest you get to Know Joe a little better because he really is a great guy and he's very gifted when it comes to his knowledge of our industry, especially in the field of digital marketing. Best not to provoke a guy who is well respected here within the community.

You guys both got your licks in, now it's time to shake hands and be buds. Many of good friendships have started this way. Why not send him an e-mail and do the right thing.

On other note, I would like to add one more comment about the above numbers. I would track the overall close ratio per total leads. So in keeping with the numbers above it would be 10%. I would also look at doing this across all lead sources.

Reactions: 1 person
Joe,

... I was NOT talking about Ryan's performance but the way he presented the "numbers".

Rand

Rand,

My apologies, but why didn't you write this sentence above when I asked for clarity? We have rogue vendors swooping in here selling their magic elixir when this community is about sharing ideas to improve.

Dear Vendors, please don't mistake my intent. Your experiences that you share are a giant asset!

Rand,

My apologies, but why didn't you write this sentence above when I asked for clarity? We have rogue vendors swooping in here selling their magic elixir when this community is about sharing ideas to improve.

Dear Vendors, please don't mistake my intent. Your experiences that you share are a giant asset!

Joe,

Apology accepted. My intent was only to offer some advice based on my many years of presenting results to end users, clients and employers. If anything I am in awe of the high quality of advice given in Dealer Refresh. As I mentioned, I have been reading comments and posts here since the site was first opened. I have learned a lot and I thank all the contributors for their efforts to share their knowledge.

Wow, it's nice to see everybody is all hugs and kisses again. I have been watching this thread and looking for one key comment. At the end of the day, if the IN STORE Handoff Process is broken, how do you get control of it.

Here's what I'm thinking--The BDC Manager or Agent(s) did a great job and gets the customer in only to find the floor blows them out or doesn't follow up after inital meeting. At the end of the month, the BDC is not looking good and getting rolled under the bus. Sales Floor says they set BS appts, BDC says Sales Floor can't close deals, GM says he's sick of the fighting. Seems like a never ending battle.

Wow, it's nice to see everybody is all hugs and kisses again. I have been watching this thread and looking for one key comment. At the end of the day, if the IN STORE Handoff Process is broken, how do you get control of it.

Here's what I'm thinking--The BDC Manager or Agent(s) did a great job and gets the customer in only to find the floor blows them out or doesn't follow up after inital meeting. At the end of the month, the BDC is not looking good and getting rolled under the bus. Sales Floor says they set BS appts, BDC says Sales Floor can't close deals, GM says he's sick of the fighting. Seems like a never ending battle.

Grant, THIS is what is happening here. For the total month of April, our T/S store had 26 shown Phone calls and sold 13. Or email numbers were 45 shown with only 13 sold. Phone is right on par at 50% but our email is low in my opinion. In the Monday morning meetings, the managers says that they are bad shows. IMO, No show is bad. We are doing our job (to an extent) of getting them in. Once in, it's out of our hands.