• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Moving Away From Just Facebook

Foos56

Lot Lizard
Nov 22, 2011
First Name
Drew
Hello Dealer Refresh! I'm Drew, and I'm new to both Dealer Refresh and the automotive industry. I was recently hired as a Marketing Sales Associate for a smaller Buy Here Pay Here car dealership in Pennsylvania. I am a music composer by trade, but needed a job out of college and had some tech savvy skills that interested my current employer.

Currently Facebook is our social media platform for interacting with current and potential clients. We have 200+ friends and 50+ likes, which I'm hoping is decent for a 5 employee company. Since my hire two months ago, I've started Yelp!, Google+, Google Places, FourSquare, Blogger, Twitter, Yahoo, and YouTube accounts to help our visibility. The challenge seems to be getting customers off of Facebook for 3 minutes and having them check out one of these new sites and leave a comment or review. Does anyone have any tips for drawing people to these new websites, or any advice in general for a young gun like me?

Thanks a lot!
Drew S.

Why do you want them to check-out these other sites from Facebook? Facebook is arguably the least bottom-funnel retail tool in the world. You need all those sites to draw folks to your inventory, and your message: No Credit, No Problem!

You should 100% concentrate on your on-line inventory merchandising, then funnel traffic to your listings. And hope your clients have paid their internet connectivity bills... :)

Reactions: 1 person
Post on Craigslist;

you can do this manually, use a tool from (homenet, vflyer, prob your website company has one, carsforsale, autobase, even I got one).

The you can advertise whatever you want in the ad with a banner. For example this dealer has a car in the ad but they advertise their reviews and then their warranties in a second banner in the middle of the ad.

This is next to... free, and you can do it.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for the replies everyone.

@JQuinn: Facebook is certainly our #1 platform for social media. But we do not have an advertising budget, so I am working to expose our business on more venues aside from simply Facebook. Plus Yelp! and Google Places allow for reviews, which in turn help persuade potential customers that others have found us helpful.

@yagoparamo: Don't I wish! I tried to get Craigslist going, but whoever created our account before me got flagged by the CL staff and we are now being ghosted. Super lame. I tried creating a new account, different IP address, etc. but I've failed to get anything posted on there without it being ghosted. Do you have any further suggestions for getting our posts to show up?

@Jake L: Why is the contact form bad for SEO. I've been working to boost our SEO, so any information regarding that is super helpful. Thank you for the heads up.