• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Naked Lime?

Naked Lime? What... No, no, no, no.. I've seen what they have to offer, their sites, marketing, etc. I hate putting down vendors, but I keep it real.. I would stay away from them, some of the sites they've done in the past are of such poor quality, it's just well.. Horrible coming from a "proclaimed professional marketing/advertising/etc. company.". I don't even know how to put it, I could outsource my design work, code work, marketing, ads, etc. over to India and still outperform. Maybe this is what their doing? I would imagine so.. Anyways, I don't see why any dealer would pay market value for something professional and receive a low quality product in return. I just can't recommend them, and I've been trying to be fair to vendors lately..

Kcar, have you personally used Naked Lime? I believe the community would benefit more hearing from dealerships have a one-to-one current experience with Naked Lime, or with any industry service for that matter.

I've been closely watching your comments here lately and it seems as if you've reverted back to your blasting your opinions based on whatever you seem to pull out of your butt.

Example: you just left a comment ever on the blog In response to the latest Cobalt study. Your comment had absolutely nothing to do with what the article was about nor the release of their study. Which by the way contains some valuable information.

When you'r Wheaties get pissed in, which seems to be every other day, please do the community a favor and quit being "that guy".

Carry-on

Reactions: 3 people
Yes, GM is making it mandatory for all dealers to sign up with one of 3 different reputation management services. I'm not usually one for OEM mandated services, but this is one that manufacturers should have had a grasp on years ago.

Can you imagine if a manufacture would have closely worked with their dealerships to have a program (mandated) to help educate their dealer body on the power of reviews and reputation management, where they would now?

I guess better late than never.

In my opinion this should have not only come sooner but should have been a series of mandated trainings for the owners of each dealership. For many dealerships it's the owners name on the building. It's the owners reputation And not so much the employees that work for them.

Will, I haven't heard much out of dealers in regards to the social media service provided by NakedLime. I will say, it's not very often that we see a service or product above average come out of the Reynolds and Reynolds camp.

There are currently two other services available to choose from. Those being Digital Air Strike and ADP / Cobalt services.

I do believe that dealers should have more options here and NOT be restricted to only the 3 that were chosen. There are some other services out there so it's obvious someone didn't do all their homework.

Another feature that some of the services are offering - Self Hosted Reviews. #INEFFECTIVE Self hosted review VS 3rd Party Reviews.... another topic for another thread.

Will, would you do me a favor and email me the announcement from GM? (I believe you have my email address). I do not have an official copy of it but would like to have it

Here is a more current thread around ALL of this that Eley started.

Last edited:
Hola I was wondering if anyone has any experience with using Reynolds & Reynolds Naked Lime solution (nakedlime.com)? We are a General Motors dealer and currently have our sites through Cobalt but hey we are always looking for something bigger, faster, better, cheaper. Any input would be awesome, thanks.

-Jason

Being a scion dealer I am "handcuffed" into using Naked Lime for my scion website. I have to say since we went from Xi to Naked lime our website does look fresher. But the numbers dont show any significant improvement.

Naked Lime? Sounds like after being locked up in a room for a few days, the Tequila started to flow freely, and well... a new name was born!

Anyone replace their Cobalt Digital Advertising Package with Naked Lime? If so, how did your results compare?

Being a scion dealer I am "handcuffed" into using Naked Lime for my scion website. I have to say since we went from Xi to Naked lime our website does look fresher. But the numbers dont show any significant improvement.

Jeremy,

Naked Lime is only one of three endorsed providers for Scion. The other two are ClickMotive/DealerTrack and Dealer.com.

James

Reactions: 1 person