• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Need some job help

davidmoon

Boss
Nov 23, 2010
First Name
David
OK, for the last 7 weeks I've been in the interview process for a BDC position with the local BMW dealer. I've had two interviews--the last one being this past week. It was explained to me that I was one of two remaining candidates for the position. On a routine follow-up. the GM told me that they "think" they've decided on the other candidate. So I've decided to ask you to tell him that he's making a mistake. I believe that I bring a fresh prospective to the industry, and as demonstrated here (I hope), I'm willing to listen and reevaluate my thinking when necessary. I also bring a whole lot of experience and know-how to the table. They need a lot of help, and I have a lot of great ideas to move them forward quickly. Besides, the other dealers in town suck. Please help me by telling the GM that I'm worthy and right for the position?

I'm all for trying to create unfair advantages--so I thought I'd give this strategy a college try. Thanks in advance--love you all either way. His email is:

Daniel.Bellemare(at)bmwofchattanooga.com

TY--I wouldn't necessarily ask ... but.

Here was the original job description ...

Seeking an experienced eSales/eCommerce Team Leader who is motivated by success with a personal desire to both go above and beyond customer expectations and make a significant contribution to the productivity and effectiveness of the BMW of Chattanooga Internet Department. The Internet Team Leader will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks including fielding sales leads, communicating with customers to sell and deliver vehicles, ensuring all of our systems are running and operating efficiently, managing our dealership's factory website and internal networking systems, dealing with vendors, submitting reports to Dealer Principal and interviewing potential new hires as the department expands. The Team Leader will also be responsible for seeing that each staff member shares the up-to-date reality regarding the retail industry and the Internet as it exists today and a variety of other assigned related duties.

Ideal candidates must be self-motivated, have a good understanding of sales and the concept of selling, be naturally effective on the phone, genuinely like automobiles and have a desire to be helpful to clients. Applicants need to possess good communication skills, the ability to multi-task, have good time management skills and the ability to learn and adapt quickly. Applicants should demonstrate the ability to prioritize assignments, effectively manage resources and staff to accomplish goals, have an excellent attendance record, capably handle competitive priorities, be a good listener, enjoy hands on participation and bring excellent managerial skills to the table.

This is a full-time employment opportunity with benefits. Professional references are required..

Thanks to everyone!!! BTW, this is what we call in Internet marketing crowdsourcing. :)

canned_unicorn_meat.jpg