• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Needing info on CarFax

Regal_Car_Sales

Full Sticker
May 26, 2010
First Name
Chris
We currently do not use CarFax but are slowly getting backed into a corner because of their awesome marketing to the general public. Can anyone give me a clear idea of what it costs to use Carfax and maybe some of the Pros and Cons of their service?

I would just go to their website or call them, but I figured I would probe the actual community that uses them vs talking to some sales rep.

Any help would be much appreciated.

How many reports are you planning on pulling every month? You'll need to figure any car that you might purchase at auction and every trade will have a report pulled...

That being said, depending on the number of reports you will probably want to go with the flat monthly fee to pull unlimited reports.

As much as CarFax continues to be on my shit list over this new pricing piece they still carry a strong "brand".

Yes, if you are going to be pulling a lot of carfax's I would go with the unlimited package. From a marketing level, I would focus on their 1 Owner piece. Get in good with your local rep and coverage them for pop material, banners and such and hold 1 Owner CarFax events/sales. You can do this across your showroom and online media.