• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New - I mean Really Old lead source for CRM

Wow - talk about taking the long way around. I would always grab a couple of these on every other visit to the fax machine back in the day. Most found their way into the trash can.

Years ago there was an article on Edmunds (or any one of the many vehicle research websites) - "How to Negotiate and Buy a New Car" or something like that. One of the more recommended ways was to use the supplied template/letter with your requests and then fax to no less than 5 OEM dealers.

This dude thought he had a good idea, went back even further in time and sent it by traditional mail. :ltbulb:

How did it arrive...Pigeon or Horse?

One of the more recommended ways was to use the supplied template/letter with your requests and then fax to no less than 5 OEM dealers.

Now they bulk send an email to every GM of every [MAKE] store in their area and say, "The first dealer to match the price of ________" or "I will tender all replies and the lowest cash price will get my business".