• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

kavalkala

Push Start
Jul 27, 2023
First Name
Nick
Hi there! I'm doing research on the feasibility of developing a new SaaS for car dealers. Perhaps you can spare a few minutes of your time? I am sure this will definitely help the automotive industry in the difficult times ahead.

The essence of the product in terms of marketing is as follows: You order promotional materials from a contractor together with other dealers that are not your direct competitors. The script of the materials can be yours or someone else's, but you like it. Thus, you have the same concept of promotion with other participants within a specific advertising campaign, but you order only selected types, formats and sizes of promotional materials. At the same time, savings can reach up to 10 times the nominal cost of developing advertising materials.

Would you be interested in such a product? It will be enough to answer Yes or No, but if you have a few minutes of free time, I will be grateful to you for completing a short survey at the link.

Does anyone see me? Hello?:rolleyes:

We saw you. Unfortunately, your post has a few things going against you:

1. When you use words like SAAS with car dealers, you're speaking a language that isn't used in a dealership. Instant turn-off.
  2. Car dealers HAVE TO buy their brochures and many other materials from the makers of those products. The wrong audience for what you're pitching.
  3. Surveys... people were burned-out on surveys twenty years ago.
Car manufacturers, aftermarket companies, window sticker suppliers, etc., make printed materials. There are a few of those on DealerRefresh. Unfortunately, car manufacturers are mostly lurkers, so you won't get their direct input. There are a handful of incredibly intelligent dealers on here who may point you in a different direction, but you've got to catch them on a day they're feeling generous. I don't have a great direction to point you in myself.

Sorry to give you this news. Just being honest with you.

Reactions: DrewAment
1) What is the product? I can assure you no one here is going to steal your idea.

2) Are brochures or flyers a SaaS product? Because brochures and flyers are the first things I think of when I hear "promotional materials" for car dealerships. I don't think discount brochures and flyers for car dealerships is going to be a successful business venture in the tail end of 2023.

for the 4th time, brochures and flyers

We saw you. Unfortunately, your post has a few things going against you:

1. When you use words like SAAS with car dealers, you're speaking a language that isn't used in a dealership. Instant turn-off.
  2. Car dealers HAVE TO buy their brochures and many other materials from the makers of those products. The wrong audience for what you're pitching.
  3. Surveys... people were burned-out on surveys twenty years ago.
Car manufacturers, aftermarket companies, window sticker suppliers, etc., make printed materials. There are a few of those on DealerRefresh. Unfortunately, car manufacturers are mostly lurkers, so you won't get their direct input. There are a handful of incredibly intelligent dealers on here who may point you in a different direction, but you've got to catch them on a day they're feeling generous. I don't have a great direction to point you in myself.

Sorry to give you this news. Just being honest with you.
I understood you. I apologize for not being clear, SaaS is a service (program) like the CRM, today it is a fashionable trend in software technologies. In essence, this is a program that is rented out with a monthly or annual payment.

Today, many companies, including car dealers, make advertising banners and videos for their websites and promotion on the Internet. There are examples here Log in or sign up to view. Also, many post videos on LED screens near roads and malls, as well as inside large, busy facilities. Automakers produce and distribute printed materials such as booklets, catalogs and corporate posters, as well as layouts for branding the test fleet, but the rest of the advertising is mostly developed by dealers themselves with the help of their designers or with contractors (advertising agencies). Development is expensive in terms of money and time, so I came up with a solution - to offer a convenient service that will allow you to: 1) exchange advertising materials (banners, videos, etc.) with open source for editing (to adapt materials for yourself, change the logo, name, contacts, etc.); 2) create promotional materials together with other dealers, pooling together to save marketing budgets (it is possible to implement this, since dealers operate in different regions and are not direct competitors to each other).

The main question sounds like "Will car dealers use this service?" (previously I called it a product). But I am also interested in whether the meaning of such a product is clear after my explanations. I would be very grateful for any clarifying questions, if I can clarify somewhere further or give examples.

1) What is the product? I can assure you no one here is going to steal your idea.

2) Are brochures or flyers a SaaS product? Because brochures and flyers are the first things I think of when I hear "promotional materials" for car dealerships. I don't think discount brochures and flyers for car dealerships is going to be a successful business venture in the tail end of 2023.

for the 4th time, brochures and flyers
1) I called the product a software solution for car dealers, which will help to significantly save money and time on the development of advertising materials.

2) Advertising materials include, among other things, printing products that are not supplied to dealers by car manufacturers. But also these are banners for websites and social networks, videos and layouts for outdoor advertising, layouts for various branding for events. The bottom line is that there are promotional materials (image materials) recommended by car manufacturers, but many dealers want individuality or do not find such materials effective. That's why they make their materials, that's their motivation. But there are a lot of things automakers don't do, and that's what dealers do on their own initiative.

There is a marketing subtext here, so I apologize for not immediately explaining the essence of the issue in detail.