• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Noobie General Manager lights it up!

If you live outside Chicago, the GM is a monster!
If you live inside Chicago, your buying your next car from that GM!

Definition of an idiot salesman.
The day after a terrible loss to your communities favorite team, you wear the competitions colors.

I'm guessing he wasn't one of their top dogs and this was the last straw. Dealer website should get a nice spike in traffic.

I heard the GM offered the guy a choice, "loose the tie or get fired." If I asked an employee to take off a tie because it conflicted with my dealerships promotions, he damn well better take the tie off. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "working in a dealership is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship!" He who signs your paycheck is the dictator, do as they say.

Kudos to the GM at Webb Chevrolet.

I was just told by a friend that there has been an update to the story. The fired salesman has been hired!

Man Fired For Wearing Green Bay Packers Tie: Oak Lawn Car Salesman Honors Late Grandmother, Celebrates Win And Is Fired - WGN

If you are a cynic, he was hired by an opportunistic dealership looking for a free plug. If you appreciate the fact that aggressive marketing is part of the car business, this GM is a genius.

Enter, Guy Cesario, the General Manager of Chevrolet in Homewood. "We're always looking for good sales value and John strikes me as someone who has really good family values and he's excited to work," Cesario said.

Is John a great hire? Who knows. Was it a pretty smart way to be perceived as the friendlier community dealer that actually cares about an employees late Grandma? You better believe it! Kudos to Homewood for seizing another opportunity to win at Reputation Management.

Given the opportunity, would you have done the same thing?

I was just told by a friend that there has been an update to the story. The fired salesman has been hired!

Given the opportunity, would you have done the same thing?

Hell No. Everyone easily sees this is a PR ploy.

If I am a Chicago dealer, I'd post on my web site:
Help Wanted: Green Bay Fans need not apply!

• Dealer Loses ZERO sales to Green Bay Fans (there are none in Chicago),
  • Dealer wins, closing ratio of site goes up 2.5%, add an extra 18 sales and web address gets passed around social circles

Hell No. Everyone easily sees this is a PR ploy.

If I am a Chicago dealer, I'd post on my web site:
Help Wanted: Green Bay Fans need not apply!

• Dealer Loses ZERO sales to Green Bay Fans (there are none in Chicago),
  • Dealer wins, closing ratio of site goes up 2.5%, add an extra 18 sales and web address gets passed around social circles

Do my eyes deceive me??? Did I just read Uncle Joe talk about Social Circles??? Did this happen after reading a "Tweet" from Joe this morning???......I gotta cut this short a Dragon just came into my backyard!!!:lol: