• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

OEM Parts Database

Aug 20, 2009
First Name
Matt
I am looking to build out an eCommerce store for our parts department but am having trouble finding where to obtain the OEM parts database and subsequent updates.

I've visited a handful of websites built by TradeMotion but would want to consider alternatives as well. Any suggestions on a company who can provide this information? I guess I'm looking for the chrome(r) of the parts business.

I don't like Trademotion a whole lot. Our site drops off Google all the time for no reason, then pops back up (over and over). They have the benefit of being very cheap though, so that part is nice.

Alternatively we also use Software Global. Small team of individuals that make a much more customized product. Again flaws here, but much better interface and no downtime (not sure if they've done a Benz dealer yet). I can get you their contact information if you like. I usually speak to Prabhakar, just let him know that I sent you. ;)

Since this post was at the top of the forum, figured I would chime in. ;)

PartSites is a new alternative to TradeMotion. I'm working with several dealerships now to get them moved from their existing form fill sites over to our ecommerce enabled catalogs. We have a few different options, depending on your needs, most of which are outlined on our website.

We may or may not be what you're looking for, but I'm happy to see that you're looking for a solution to enable consumers to buy online! Best of luck!