• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Openlane ~ Used car Purchasing ~ CR Reports

salete22

Lot Lizard
Jan 13, 2010
First Name
Michael
Anyone use Openlane? Your thoughts on situation.
Bought a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid, only 17k Miles! CR report came back as 1 panel previous repair (cool) Skuffs, scratches here and there, (fine can deal with that)

But the Dog Hair, and ungodly smell, with dog biscuits in the trunk NOT LISTED! I could barely stomach the car to drive it home. However, you cannot "leave" the car there per Openlane & Honda as the dealer is merely the grounding dealer, (hell, I guess if it doesn't even drive, deal with it!)

Now, I DO understand the risk of buying online (even though from my perspective) there is NO reason the miss anything, especially the smell of this car) WE are ebay power sellers on ebay with 100% Pos feedback sine 1998! WE DO NOT MISS!

However this is too much. Openlane will not take responsibility, Honda say they WILL NOT arbitrate (take back) however they will transport car to local auction to re-inspect the car. if "they feel" it can be detailed THEN the transport and detail will be at MY COST. Any bets on the outcome there (?)

I feel neither Openlane nor Honda is taking responsibility. As a small dealer each car is CRUCIAL.

Thoughts please of your experience, what you would do, and if I am out of line and just eat it! BTW I ate the last 2, and am fedup...

Thanks