• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Our time with Dealer E Process

I'm sorry to hear that you considered it a bad experience. I've been with Dealer-E process insofar as the last two years, and I've known of them as a vendor for considerably longer. My experience with them has been nothing but positive. They're often steps ahead of me on my website, and they've even shown me quite a few new places to get creative; pointing me towards the PCG, ISM and Dealer Refresh communities. As far as updates go, I've never had anything out of date. I manage most of my own specials, however; they usually remind me days in advance when the specials are about to expire as well. .though it's not their responsibility to do so.

We maintain an SEO and VSEO/Mobile and YouTube account through their services. I've cancelled some services when my budget got tight, and they've never taken anything away from me for doing so, or treated me any differently. However, I also understand that the Terms of Service Agreements exist for a reason, and legally. .when one account is terminated, all tied-in accounts get the same treatment. If that wasn't the case, the individual cancelling could sue because technically, the vendor was still maintaining an account and could charge for it. When you cancel service, you cancel all services.

My facebook, YouTube accounts, etc, are all held primarily here. I don't believe that Terms of Service agreement under Dealer-E is any different than Dealer.com, or Webskinz or any other service; they all follow suit for the same termination processes, mainly because they have to, if they want to avoid civil liability.

I believe YouTube has a clause in their Terms of Service which forbids sharing accounts due to accountability issues. .so I don't really think it was an issue of them not wanting to give it to you, but that they're forbidden from transferring ownership to you because it was created by them. I just don't see them deleting it on purpose to spite you if they could transfer it.

This is why we're all taught to create our own in-house accounts for things.

When you mention that your store hours and web specials were out of date, I'm curious to know if Dealer-E manages that for you or if you have an Internet Manager in charge of that. Traditionally, with every other vendor I've worked with, specials were the responsibility of the dealership, and were performed from the dashboard. It's nice that Dealer-E lets me know when things are expiring, but it's more or less my job, not theirs, to make sure the site is up to date. The vendor's role is to provide functionality, which I believe they do very well.

I can't help but think that some of this could have been completely avoided if the Internet Manager and dealer Sales Managers/principal were more in-tune and communicating with one another. This just seems to me like someone rushed to cancel services to curtail expenses -- as we're all guilty of -- and then didn't think about their SEO/YouTube management until afterwards when they didn't have to pay for the service any longer. We're always trying to lower overhead and many individuals cut web programs first when doing so.

Just my two cents. Good luck, Webdog.

When the Cooper Auto Group cancelled our services after years of stellar performance, the YouTube account that we created, the content that we pushed to it, was deleted since it was part of our services that “were no longer needed” according to Rafi Hamid, the new internet director who cancelled numerous meetings.

Dave Page

A lot of people will miss this, BUT NOT ME.

I experience this as a vendor.

When dealers cancel they will send you an email, leave a VM, send a letter, and never agree to a meeting or talk to you in person. Then you cancel things and now that the dealer sees the websites or accounts go down he rapidly calls it faul play.

If you do biz with a company for years and are going to cancell a complicated program like this (domains, youtube acounts, videos, SEO, etc, etc, etc) call them and have a meeting about it so you understand what you need to keep or negotiate.

Furthermore, without knowing for sure, but it seems that the dealer didn't meet with dealer eprocess but that let Rafi Hamid run amok and do whatever he wanted. When the dealer realized that he screwed up by not doing his homework, what is Rafi going to do? Blame the vendor.

Note to dealers: You should sign the contracts, you should cancel the contracts.

I'm sorry to hear that you considered it a bad experience. I've been with Dealer-E process insofar as the last two years, and I've known of them as a vendor for considerably longer. My experience with them has been nothing but positive.

Cofcky, somewhere in my travels I thought BMW of Schererville was deeply involved with eDealerProcess.

Is that true?

I have also had the pleasure to meet the guys from E Process and found them to be good solid guys generally interested in innovationing not only for the sake of generating new revenue (which btw I believe most companies are in business for) but also because they were passionate about creating products that will help delaers.

I have been banking with Wells Fargo since my father cosigned on my first account since I was 17. There have been times where other banks have had products that I thought were leaving me on the short end of the stick. However my initial reaction was not just to pull out and switch. I simply went to the bank and asked them if they could do something similar.

A long term business relationship should never be something that is terminated without conversation. Loyalty is often times a door that swings both ways.

Can I please give my two cents? I don't "KNOW" Dave on a personal level but we are in similar spaces and we hang out while at events like DD. My opinion of Dave and Dealer E Process is they are a smaller operation than some of the big players in the market and Dave understands word of mouth advertising. He has built a business on it. I have never had a conversation with Dave where it left me questioning his integrity. I can't speak for the youtube stuff but given the opportunity I would imagine Dave would explain.

Look, Dealer E Process has every right to hate us and we have chat providers who do and lie about us to dealers. Dealer E Process isn't one of them. They are friendly competition and have always been good sports even when I am trying to drop off CAO Signage in their booth :).

For dealers who are considering Dealer E Process please consider what webdog is saying but do your research also. As for webdog, I don't judge because I wasn't there. Only point I want to make is I know Dave a little and his business. I feel like this probably doesn't happen a lot, or ever.

Good luck to the both of you!

We have been with Dealer E Process as our website company for several years. After reviewing our websites we decided we needed to move in another direction and cancel our services. Our review we found several areas lacking: our specials and several other areas had gone without updates. We weren’t impressed with the Dealer Chat feature because testing it ourselves and asking on the website what our store hours and local number were, we didn’t get a response. This happened several times and the few times we did get a response it was just a direction to contact someone in the morning rather than the answer to whatever question we had asked them.

After changing vendors, we logged into our Youtube account for our dealergroup to find that it had been completely deleted. While looking to find out what Terms of Service rule we might have broken, we did research and found out that since Dealer E Process was the party that setup the account for us, they received the email when we changed the YouTube password after changing our vendors. After getting the new password it was easy for them to login and delete the account. Since this was a service that we paid for every month, we were shocked that our data was gone. I would expect that we owned the data rather than paying rent on it. If this is normal operating procedure I can imagine they don’t have a lot of repeat business, because burning bridges doesn’t make you a lot of friends.

Quick summary..

Lots of great advise here. Lots to learn from this thread of you read between the lines.

Dealers - know what you are signing and have an understanding of what services your are signing up for. Do your homework.

I use UnityWorks Media (have been for 5 years) and I know if I cancel my contract they are going to take our "leased" video assets and every channel they have built for us along with them. I also be sure my dealers have their own in house accounts where we would public out in house video content OR sometimes exclusive content I have asked UnityWorks to build for us (getting a copy of the video).

I also know if I cancel my contract with DealerOn for our dealer websites, my current website and assets are going with them as well.

Commonsense. Research.

As I have mentioned before in this thread - I have met Dave many times (and yes they do advertise here on DealerRefresh), stand up guy in my book and business.

This brings up a interesting question. Who owns the data that a website company creates while they're being paid by the dealer. In the forum above it seems like Cooper Auto thinks they do.... and it sounds like dealer -process thinks they do... Who really owns the information?

This brings up a interesting question. Who owns the data that a website company creates while they're being paid by the dealer. In the forum above it seems like Cooper Auto thinks they do.... and it sounds like dealer -process thinks they do... Who really owns the information?

If you pay for the data, you should own it.

When you pay for data, it is your job to ask to be written in the agreement and make copies of it.

I have seen dealers that cancel a website and expect the provider to figure out how to pass the data to the next provider...