• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Paperwork problems from Sales People

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
It always amazed me how difficult it was for my coworkers to rarely get their paper work right when selling a car. Sure, I could understand not getting a stip together because they don't happen all that often, but to forget a trade appraisal form, the credit application, or a signed privacy act notice - these kind of things always shocked me.

What are some of the common paper work problems you have seen?

Trade appraisals, license copies, signed purchase orders, credit apps missing info, we owe slips, correct mileages invoice copies etc.......

Without these mistakes by salespeople the average desk manager would have nothing to talk about in their "sales" meetings:rofl:

Don't know about the perfect deal nor the forget one thing every time. My folks would occasionally forget something when it came to paperwork but 95-98% time they had it right. F&I might want more clarification on POI or perhaps more references, but that was about it.

Why is it so hard. Question is; if they cant something as simple as this right what else are they not getting right. It's process and accountability. 2 things most dealers fail at.

Agreed. My experience is that a specific process that stops missing paperwork before the deal moves forward becomes part of the sales process. Accountability starts at the top.