• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Percentage of leads from website vs. manufacturer

My store has about a 50/50 ratio from dealer/manufacturer. About 100-125 for each per month. Personally, I think your dealer site is a bit low. Start with simple things like making sure your address is posted everywhere in your dealership. Confirm that your website is on every single piece of paper that moves through your store (service bills, letterhead, fax cover sheets, business cards, etc.) Make sure your address is on the parts delivery truck and service loaners if available. Also, have your hosting site add the google analytics code so you can watch the changes in traffic.

I thought you mentioned that you were new to BDC area, so I apologize if this info is too basic for you. Hopefully it can help somebody out. It never hurts to go back to the basics....

I certainly agree with the above statement from Jabber.
It needs to be everywhere.

That being said, once you get them to the site and what happens immediately is just as important.
Too many sites have annoying, troublesome or impossible to navigate 'landing pages' or 'home pages'. If you want to increase actual leads, you need to make it easy for every single customer to get exactly where they want to go.

I can't stand the sites that have a navigation item for 'Specials' that contains the 'New Car Specials' -- New car specials should be listed with the inventory or in the 'new car section' of the website. Most customers have a strong distinction between whether they want to buy new or used.

It would be great to hold all 3rd Party groups, like AutoTrader (HUGE WASTE OF MONEY), Cars.com, CarGurus, TrueCar, Edmunds, etc. accountable.

Show the following:
  1. Google Referrals
  2. Calls
  3. Chats
  4. Leads
  5. Appointments
  6. Shows
  7. Sold
  8. Per Lead Cost
  9. Closing Ratio
  10. Monthly Cost
  11. Current CPVS

It's tough to do because, unless they're using a pixel tracker, you can't track someone reliably from AutoTrader to your site.
If they go to AutoTrader, view your vehicles, google your dealership and then go to your site, this would appear as a targeted organic result, but really they came "from" AutoTrader.

Things like this are the reason we never get super reliable results when trying to track ROI like this.
We also run into customers that saw more than 1, but on the survey they only mention the first or last place they saw the vehicles, etc.

I'm using ROI-BOT effectively and it does pull directly from AutoTrader and CRM.

kbWh6pl.jpg

Additionally, passive analytics allows for absolute measurement of referrals, unlike crappy tag-based agents. A friend of mine owns http://www.metronomelabs.com and it's used by massive groups like Publishers Clearing House and Sports Illustrated.
capture_network_new.jpg

Last edited: