• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Photo shop for website design?

Jennifer - first time posters who include links always get caught in the spam filter. I was traveling yesterday, and am just now getting a chance to "de-spam" you. You should be good to go now :thumbup:

Ryan - glad to have you on board! Since you're a Dealer.com customer and I'm a Dealer.com employee, with a bit of Photoshop experience, feel free to send your questions my way. alex >dot< snyder AT Dealer >dot< com (you'll have to change that up - I don't want the spam spiders picking my address up).

Thanks for the help and I will take you up on the offer.

The goal of this post is not to "knock" anybody . It was to get advice and create a open conversation of what tools/software we are all using. In the "forum world "we read things in black and white. The view expressed is mine and not my company's . If I have offended anyone I am sorry that was not the intended result of this post.

Ryan - Hello there. I posted a response yesterday and for some reason it did not go through. Strange. However I wanted to reach out to you in regards to helping you with a suggestion.
I train our dealers nationwide when they are in need of similar assistance. I use photoshop but there are a lot of tools and can come to the dealer as confusing.
I do suggest a program called SNAGIT This tool is very easy, simple and very resourceful to dealers when trying to snag images from google images etc. The nice thing about it is you can resize the images with a few clicks and even pre create a banner to a specific size. You can add text, copy and paste an image to the precreated banner and much more.
Very simple, easy and fun to use.
I purchased this about 2 years ago (only $49 one time fee ) but you can also get this for a 30 day free trial too to check it out.
I got a call yesterday from a co worker interested in learning how to use it. She had a blast too once I showed her the ease of use and functionality of it.

I hope this helps :)

Jennifer Schrader

This is a good one too Gadwin Screen Capture. I use the free version all the time for taking screen shots and manipulating them.

I got a chance last night to play around with Gimp. I was able to re-size with ease and edit. I do like the Picasa due to the fact it is like step 1-2-3-done. On Gimp you have so many options it could be confusing for first time users. I am going to play around a little bit and follow up. Thanks again for all of the help.

Gimp is great for resizing photos individually but if I need to resize several images or want to put a dealership overlay on our Pre-Owned Inventory photos, I use FastStone Photo Resizer. You just load the images that you want adjusted and the changes that you want made and it knocks it out for you. Like Gimp, it is free also.