• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Please recommend me an inexpensive warranty provider

ATLuxuryCars

Green Pea
Jul 14, 2011
First Name
Alex
Hi guys, I own a very small used car dealer. I don't have any employees and all my sales are online (ebay, autotrader, craigslist mostly). The cars I sell are in the 5,000-10,000 dollar range. I'm interested in offering a 3 or 6 month warranty (which would be included in the price of the car) in order to help reassure out of state buyers. Since my profit margin is only about 1000-1500 dollars per car, it has to be inexpensive. One option I was able to find is NIADA certified, which is a 1-year warranty for about $400. There is also GWC warranty, but it is about the same price for less coverage and I've heard bad feedback about them. Any other options?

I use Alpha Warranty Services but they are not cheap and don't have a good short term solution to your problem. but, I use warranties as a profit center but I absolutely hate our rep! he is into drugs, tattoos, and is a thief! I just talked to GWC this morning and they are sending me info but im not sure they have the solution I am looking for. I need a company that pays the claims! price is definitely a consideration but I sell mainly high line European cars so a lot of companies wont provide for us. so if anyone has any ideas please reply! Thanks