• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Polling inventory from ADP vs Reynolds all wholesale showing up online...

Dec 18, 2009
First Name
Mark
When polling inventory for lot service what do you guys using ADP do so the wholesale cars don't show up? I know in Reynolds there are status codes for wholesale, retail, demos, etc. but ADP seems to have in stock and not in stock. Some of my Dealers use accounting codes but some are stuck on manual entry because they don't want the wholesale stuff online. I think waiting for the photo guy to show up before the car is online at all is foolish in this day and age.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mark

I dont know if this will help but ADP has a field "NEW/USED" in the -A. It looks initially that this would be only used for New and Used only but other valid fields are DEMO, MISC or LSE.
Another way would be the WHSL field in the same account this is a flag to indicate the wholesale status of a vehicle. Y= Wholesale Only, N= Available for retail sale.
A Quick example of what you can use under English to see what works best would be.

LIST CAR-INV WITH SERIAL
NEW/USED WHSL SERIAL MAKE MODEL

Last edited:
I dont know if this will help but ADP has a field "NEW/USED" in the -A. It looks initially that this would be only used for New and Used only but other valid fields are DEMO, MISC or LSE.
Another way would be the WHSL field in the same account this is a flag to indicate the wholesale status of a vehicle. Y= Wholesale Only, N= Available for retail sale.
A Quick example of what you can use under English to see what works best would be.

LIST CAR-INV WITH SERIAL
NEW/USED WHSL SERIAL MAKE MODEL

This is a great tip. A lot of dealers also put "WH" or something in a custom field to key off and exclude. Could also exclude all vehicles without a price or something. We have done lots of things like this. Every dealer is different.

I do have some that do a custom field, some set the balances below $1000, some separate accounting codes.... I just figured there had to be an easier way without having to tell a Dealer to change his process too much. I would think the -A WHSL field would work great, that way they can also run a wholesale/retail list.

We do it by purchase cost. If anything falls below $1500 that we actually want in retail channels it has to be entered manually. The idea was put forward for a custom code, but they liked this one better in accounting/used cars.

In the -A account under the V (vehicle) screen, there is a line item named somethig like stock type. Go to that line and type a ?, it will bring up all the options you can choose from, ie N=New, U=Used, Demo, Leased, Fleet, Rent, Special, or Mics. If you select something other than N or U, you can then change the English statement your vendor is using to poll the system to exluce what ever you choose to make Wholesale. We use many of the variables and have it set up that only the N or U vehicles are being polled. When a Rental for instance changes back to a Used vehicle, just changing the code in ADP -A screen will prompt it to be polled the next round and therefore ending up on your site.

In the -A account under the V (vehicle) screen, there is a line item named somethig like stock type. Go to that line and type a ?, it will bring up all the options you can choose from, ie N=New, U=Used, Demo, Leased, Fleet, Rent, Special, or Mics. If you select something other than N or U, you can then change the English statement your vendor is using to poll the system to exluce what ever you choose to make Wholesale. We use many of the variables and have it set up that only the N or U vehicles are being polled. When a Rental for instance changes back to a Used vehicle, just changing the code in ADP -A screen will prompt it to be polled the next round and therefore ending up on your site.

oh my god, I'm going to look at that tomorrow and see if we can implement it immediately.