• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Put Jasen Rice & Jennifer Suzuki together

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
And you get a clickbaity thread title! :eek3: :rofl:

But I do have a point. We hosted Jasen Rice on RefreshFriday, where he showed us just how many active leads being worked are on cars your store already sold. It is a significant percentage. Then, we hosted Jen Suzuki a week later, where she showed us the talk tracks to use on the phone to begin switching customers before they walk into the dealership.

If you're any kind of car guy/gal, who has been in this business for a while (you're on DealerRefresh, so I'm going to assume you are), both of these things will be "duh" statements for you. You know the bulk of your leads are on cars you cannot sell. And you know the phone is where the action truly begins.

You probably also know your sales team is out of practice with lead response and phones. Let's just say they have forgotten how to talk to a customer in general.

I've had plenty of time to digest what Jasen and Jen said. I felt it would do the industry some good to get a path on getting back to basics. Those two RefreshFridays are worth a listen. If you're very pressed for time, the back half of Jen's show has the meat you need to get your team on the right track again.

Jasen's show: #RefreshFriday - Used Car Lead Epiphanies | Jasen Rice & LotPop
Jen's show: #RefreshFriday - Maintaining a High Income in a Rough Market | Jen Suzuki