• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Referral process, what really works? Please Help

Joe. I like this idea, I executed on this idea. You can guy this list on the fly. I used infoUSA back when I was doing this. I received mixed reviews. Some didn't appreciate the privacy intrusion, other thought it was great. I then became more general...more like what you used an example. "New Arrival in the Neighborhood" without disclosing the new owners name. I received a had full of sales from it over the time I was doing it. The process was a bit of a pain back then. Maybe they have a more efficient way of doing this now. :)

Joe. I like this idea... "New Arrival in the Neighborhood" without disclosing the new owners name. I received a had full of sales from it over the time I was doing it. The process was a bit of a pain back then. Maybe they have a more efficient way of doing this now. :)

Brother from anotha mutha...

Sounds like a solid lil' business idea ;-)

How can I find a car salesmen in Philadelphia who is a strong believer in using referrals as growth strategy?
I want to bounce off ideas and tools that can perhaps motivate his clients, who are interested in being bird dogs, to take action. This process is a mix of technology and business processes which are used by online companies ie. amazon. My hypothesis is that perhaps the same should work in the offline world with a creative implementation. The technology that will be used has just started getting popular in 2011. The technology start up cost is not much and payment for it can be after performance. There is a viral type growth potential. Opportunity to have stronger salesman-client relationship post sales. About 15 minutes of time is all I would need to explain them the workflow of the proposed business process with a working prototype, by that time they will know if it will work for them. This can also be an offering by a technology service company that offers online technology + print material support to car dealers.