• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reynolds & Reynolds Contact Mangement Email Bounce back rate...

ReyRey sends out 750,000 emails a month not a day & our bounceback rate is more accurately at 30% for most of our email blasts.

Thanks for correcting this Dayna. 750,000 per month is not a lot. However, a 30% bounce on email blasts is not uncommon for automotive it is actually really bad outside of our industry.

Now that you have been armed with better information, start to dive-into your process for collecting email addresses. Look at your sales agents, Internet people, and service writers to see if they're actually trying to attain a customer's true email address. See if 1 or 3 of your people are entering garbage like [email protected] just to fulfill a necessary form field.

Once you've looked at that take a deeper look at where your email blast list is coming from. Is it just every customer who ever had an email address in your database? Email addresses change, people switch jobs, etc. Make sure you're working with a timely list.

These little things can help get that bounce rate lower. Good luck!

Thanks for your advice Alex. My team does a great job of trying to get the correct email addresses, in fact part of their bonus is based on just that. I expect quite a few to bounce back due to incorrect email, no longer using email etc...However, a large amount of them come back with the message "undeliverable due to IP/domain bad reputation" or "blocked by blacklist/blocked for abuse". I think 10 to 15% are probably bad email addresses, but to add another 15% on top of that is pretty high. The email blast bounce back isn't a tragedy because I don't believe in pounding customers constantly w/ ads anyway. W
hat is a tragedy is when a customer sends us a price quote request & our response goes straight to their junk mail or is sent right back due to blacklisting/domain bad reputation.

. What is a tragedy is when a customer sends us a price quote request & our response goes straight to their junk mail or is sent right back due to blacklisting/domain bad reputation.

I know this is an old thread but I have the same issues with ReyRey emails not getting to my clients. The concerns I have revolve around "daily" task based emails including price quotes or other personal messages. We even have clients tell us that our replies within an email thread end up in spam. To click "reply" to a customer message and get delivered into spam folders is NOT helping us sell more cars.

Is anyone aware of improvements to ReyRey email software including the ability to see open rate?