• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Sales Events

Oct 30, 2023
Awards
First Name
Kyle
Hey all, Marketing Director for a medium sized market Chevrolet, Ford, and Toyota store. We primarily advertise, market, and promote digitally i.e. 3rd party sites, SEM, Google VLA, organic Facebook marketing, etc. We get pretty good steady traffic throughout the month. However our GM likes to run at least one event a month for a more "shot in the arm" push such as direct mail, outsourced Facebook campaigns with an outside BDC, etc. Mail just hasn't been hitting for us lately and I feel like the Facebook campaigns are starting to slow down too. Any ideas out there?

I try not to talk about it much on these forums, but you happen to be talking about something I'm living and breathing right now.
We have a software platform that is specifically targeted for doing events, including full tracking of the event and all activities (from calls to emails to walk-ins).

What's working right now:
  • SMS campaigns - you need at least 2 weeks of lead time, but with a registered number and customer consent we see great results
    • We are not sending "Hey there come to a tent sale" messages - these are personalized, "are you interested in having a conversation about" type conversational messages
  • BDC calls - sometimes it takes a scary number of attempts, but humans calling to invite customers to come in and talk about their trade, their lease end, their next car, etc continues to work effectively
  • Emails - tried, tested and somehow still true - we have pretty good success with personalized emails, driving traffic to a personalized landing page that the customer visits to find their exclusive "just for you" offers

Aside from inventory not aligning with demand and the general state of the industry right now, success has been pretty strong across the board. We're powering significantly more events now than we were a year ago and the results are pretty consistent across the board.