• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Sales Manager Worth

Feb 12, 2012
First Name
Tom
I have been working for a large rent a car company selling off the fleet for the past 5 years , I feel that I am very under paid , I sell approx 1200 cars a year single handed my compensation package includes ,car, communication pkg and benefits, with all bonuses I can possibly muster and salary would equal approx $100 k , this is a fast paced job with very little time to spare working average 60 plus hours per week , I average the company approx $1000 net profit per unit with no % incentive , what do you think am I greedy ,or undervalued all opinions are welcome , what would a dealer pay a sales manager who consistently made $1.5 mil a year to the bottom line ? I live in the pacific NW and cost of living is very high for a family man .

Quite honestly? I think a few sales managers just said, "Huh?? I can make $100K selling fleets??? Where can I sign up?!?!?!"

I think it may be a bit eye-opening for you to learn what a good, $100K sales manager does to earn that living. But who knows? Good luck!

I have been working for a large rent a car company selling off the fleet for the past 5 years , I feel that I am very under paid , I sell approx 1200 cars a year single handed my compensation package includes ,car, communication pkg and benefits, with all bonuses I can possibly muster and salary would equal approx $100 k , this is a fast paced job with very little time to spare working average 60 plus hours per week , I average the company approx $1000 net profit per unit with no % incentive , what do you think am I greedy ,or undervalued all opinions are welcome , what would a dealer pay a sales manager who consistently made $1.5 mil a year to the bottom line ? I live in the pacific NW and cost of living is very high for a family man .

Hey Tom,

I'm with JQ that sometimes we under value what getting paid $100,000 is. I was at one point of my life making $10K per month selling cars and for some reason left that job to find out that it took me a while to find another job. Today's market is like that, I have lots of friends in the car biz that used be in management positions and are having a hard time finding a place to work not even worrying whether is well paid or not.

That being said, I live in Seattle too and I know that $100K don't go very far at all in here, specially if you have a kid or two.