• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Searching for a replacement showroom product

May 7, 2013
First Name
Bob
It would be an understatement to say that there are many companies offering services to automotive dealers, and that generally these products come with the ‘promise’ to increase sales or gross margin.

"Buy my product and you can make more money"; - dealers hear this day in - day out. It takes a unique, insightful company to create a product that reduces costs 'out of the box' and balances savings with excellent ROI.

We had just such an interactive showroom product in our portfolio, but unfortunately the owners / developers could not agree on how to cover the cost to re-position the product. It needed to be less labor intensive for clients or support personnel. The pricing model was way off too. In the end, the owners elected to shelve the product and do nothing other than to sustain the installed base.

Now, I'm actively searching for a new replacement showroom product concept that runs on iPad mini technology. I don't want to own it, but I do want to be able to offer it to clients on a sales distribution basis.

Ideally the app and device would display the dealer’s entire inventory (with specs), integrate aftermarket sales, promos, and generate updates to Twitter and Facebook in a ‘frictionless execution’ manner; - Read: one button push.

The application would allow sales staff (and clients) to send high quality .PDF sales brochures, dealer custom branded to email addresses or smart phones, and then feed any CRM the dealer uses with the demographics gathered from the iPad.