• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Service Customers with Equity

rlamb

3rd Base Coach
Mar 5, 2013
First Name
Robert
Not sure if this is in the correct area or not. I have searched the forums but haven't found quite what I'm looking for.

I've just been tasked with heading up our program to trade service customers with equity into a new(er) vehicle. Our CRM (eLeads) has a nice "Perfect Prospect" feature that shows customers that are estimated to be in equity, so that much is covered but the rest needs work.

I've heard there are dealerships out there that have had major success with this type of program. The previous 2 dealerships I've worked at had someone in a similar role but neither were very successful. My guess is the process wasn't quite what it needed to be and possibly the wrong person was in the position. The dealership I work at now has a very busy (and successful) service department, so I definitely think there is a fair amount of potential waiting to be tapped.

That said, I'm looking to learn about the process other stores have in place for this type of thing. How far in advance of the service appointment do you contact the customer, if at all? How do you contact the customer (phone, email, text message, snail mail, etc.), What scripts have you found to be helpful? What works? What doesn't work? Any tips?

As always, I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!