• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Shopping for a new CRM - Looking for suggestions

I have helped some of my customers research all the CRM's out there and iMagicLab is the best one on the market. I am a mac freak myself and it works great on my mac. I look at reports and help show my customers staff how to do certain things with the system on my mac. The Inventory management tool is great at inserting pictures, info and pricing into emails.

Keith the owner of iMagicLab is a great down to earth guy that is easily accessible to his clients. The staff is full of sharp people. Joe Turner has been great to work with. He is a very knowledgeable guy that has actually worked in the car business and understands the day to day stuff you deal with. The implementation process is very structured and seamless. These guys have it dialed in. The service function of this system is phenomenal. Get a demo as soon as you can.

Vin Solutions is without question the best complete tool on the market! The most important thing about Vin Solutions is the Bi Monthly enhancements that keep making great greater. I have used many CRM's in the past and Vin Solutions is head and shoulders above them all! Call me at 609 895 0600 ext 320 and I'd be glad to answer your questions from a dealer's perspective instead of from a Vendor's perspective!

See, your comment about the interface brought up one of my biggest issues with all of the CRMs I've seen to date. They're all hopelessly outdated.

Why are we not seeing a 100% web based, ajax/php/html5 (but PLEASE don't use flash!!) solution? These websites look like they were designed in 1998. Modern web technologies are so capable that these antiquated web-based, or worse, software-based systems are slow, poorly designed, and/or incapable of performing the tasks adequately.

Website providers for dealerships are prime offenders in this area as well. I have to say I finally gave up on several dealership web providers for everything except inventory access and went to wordpress. Our site is so much faster, I have so much more flexibility, and everything just works better since I did this. PHP provides a very flexible and very capable server-side framework, and it is easy to use. The only thing that is still beyond my level of expertise is inventory database processing.

We have a CRM that is exactly as described here and more. CRM plus CMS, Plus Inventory. All built on PHP/.Net/Ajax. As mentioned in other posts, html5 is not feasible for mainstream yet, so there is still a touch of flash, but only in publishing some graphical reports. ANT (the CRM) is not mainstream (yet) because it is truly the first all 100% web solution as mentioned above. It allows for automated responses, both email, and video email, SQL datacenter and project management with an embedded email solution that emulates exchange. Responses form clients are terrific, but we are not an "approved" GM (and other mfgs) ILM vendor at this point, so our market is more towards the independent, or non-franchised dealer. At least until we are allowed in as an approved lead manager.

The technology that is embedded into ANT is quite revolutionary. It allows the user to publish any data out to live reports and feeds to intranet, internet web etc. and display the data in any form that the recipient wants to see. For someone who loves to "tweak" and wants the ability to manipulate the entire application, we offer an alternative. Most will find that the industry leading products mentioned will do the job well, especially smaller dealerships that need to manage with less personnel.

We have been on in chronological order:
Autobase 4 years
Elead 2/1/2 Years
ImagicLab 19 Months
Vin Solutions 90 Days so far so good.

Technical Support and Enhancements are just some of the great aspects to an already State of the Art System that is cutting edge as far as Auto Dealer CRM's go. I say demo both Imagic and Vin Solutions...but I think Vin Sol is still better!

Paul